Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Matty CS killed by panzer2 after patch...

vicfranko

...nothing got fixed, just had my matty CS get blown up by a Panzer2 20mm.  Looking straight at him at 100m. All crew hit in head, catastrophic explosion. 

It wasn't a sapper. It wasn't an 88. It wasn't an invisible pink elephant, it wasn't a friggin stats bug. 

You sure he was the only thing firing at you? Not saying you are wrong.

I see the 232 did get the kill credit. Seems very buggy/unusual for 232 frontally to do that. I've definitely if extremely rarely been given kill credits firing rifles at tanks that someone else has killed.

There is an interval where by hitting an enemy as he die you can get credit.. it used to happen in Battlefield 2 and it happens here as well although rarely.

9 hours ago, vicfranko said:

...nothing got fixed, just had my matty CS get blown up by a Panzer2 20mm.  Looking straight at him at 100m. All crew hit in head, catastrophic explosion. 

It wasn't a sapper. It wasn't an 88. It wasn't an invisible pink elephant, it wasn't a friggin stats bug. 

Hm. There are no leaks (yes we have a leak detector). It was betatested against this very occurrence and passed. If drkmouse witnessed your demise, there’s your explanation.

3 hours ago, BMBM said:

Hm. There are no leaks (yes we have a leak detector). It was betatested against this very occurrence and passed. If drkmouse witnessed your demise, there’s your explanation.

He didn't if he thinks a 232 was there, because there was no 232 around.  There was no sapper around, one could have not gotten to me. I had a panhard to the left rear of me covering, and the river to the right.  

It was a p2 like I stated. 

You should test it again, because something is still wrong. 

5 hours ago, BMBM said:

We’ll have another round of testing for sure. Thanks for bringing it to attention.

This happened 2x to me, once before the patch and once after. 

Both circumstances were almost exactly the same. 

One was 50m away, other was about 150m. <only thing that was different. 

Both times, my matty CS was off frontal by about 25 degrees to the left to the panzer2. Both times I had my turret pointed directly at the P2.  

Do your tests take into account the turret not being directly pointed forward? 

Yes, it was verified both in lab experiments and various combat situations, vs 20mm in particular. Very bothersome to see the need for a second pass but we’ll put this to bed once and for all.

23 minutes ago, BMBM said:

Yes, it was verified both in lab experiments and various combat situations, vs 20mm in particular. Very bothersome to see the need for a second pass but we’ll put this to bed once and for all.

Check your PMs. 

it is possible to smoke the engine of the Matty with 20mm if you shoot past the turret and hit the radiator on top of engine behind turret. even a rifleman can do that from standing next to the tank :)

that radiator plate is the ultimate weak spot for Matty vs. low caliber rounds. that is why sometimes 109s and 110s strafe the tank and they then start to smoke

Edited by undercova