Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mb usage.

egilen

• Registered Users

No not really, just difficult to answer.

It wouldn't be huge but it should be pretty consistent. I haven't looked into the actual numbers my self and I don't know if anyone else has. The link I use is unmetered so the Mb/hr is not important to my usage. A faster unreliable link is not as useful as a slower but reliable one for real time processes like WWIIOnline. A reliable link is one where the sent and received packets suffer little delay and little or no loss, other than the simple amount of time it takes to travel from where you are to where the server is.

Probably didnt help much.

Cheers.

Thx for response.

Just lost the old ADSL "landline" for my  house in the wilderness. :)

May have to go on air with a 100  GB per month limit, so I just wondered.

2 hours ago, egilen said:

Thx for response.

Just lost the old ADSL "landline" for my  house in the wilderness. :)

May have to go on air with a 100  GB per month limit, so I just wondered.

I'm from Ireland and I think nearly all the broadband providers, regardless of type here have a 'Fair usage limit'. So while they call it unlimited they may either reduce speed to a snail pace, charge an extortionate amount for going over this limit or block access to the net. 

My previous providers had a fair usage of somewhere between 150 - 250 gb per month and I never personally had an issue at all - this was in a house with 6 people living in it, all who each had their own laptops & phones including 2 gamers - one console and myself on the pc regularly downloading games to steam and watching movies etc.

If you have about a month before you have to make the switch you could install a bandwidth monitor onto the main pc/laptop in use in the house (search for a good free one) and see how much of a download limit you'd need.

Thx blippop.

Norway here. :) 

The house mentioned here is my out of town cabin, so from the example given by you, 100 GB pr. month for an old man, on his own  playing WWIIOL should be enough.