Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

HT kill with 1 track?

delems

Again, same as 232.

How come axis vehicles get kills against them with only 1 side tracked?

Supposed to be both sides tracked gets a kill, not one.

• Like 1

I don't know if the data has changed since I've been gone (could have) but any AFV getting tracked, 1 side or 2, was always (originally) a kill. Mobility kill. Same for wheeled vehicles like trucks and armoured cars. Like I said though, perhaps CRS 2.0 changed this at some point. I have no idea. The logic is simple, if it's deemed a mobility kill (and it was) then that vehicle is stopped just as effectively by one track being disabled as with both of them being disabled, since repair is not (currently) feasible in game.

Edited by DOC

Need some tankers too opine on this.

All my years here, I've always known it to be double tracked required for kill?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goreblimey said:

It’s 2. I think it should be one, huge advantage to the defender otherwise.

How so, attacker has same issue?  One is not a kill.

Defender gets to rtb at first track loss, attacker doesn’t get that 2nd chance.

Edited by goreblimey
  • Like 1

Just blew wheels off a panny one side.

No kill.

So how come axis stuff gets tracked one side and is recorded as kill?  But not allied?

Hmmmm

I just did this on the training server, you do get a kill credit awarded for knocking the wheels off a 232..

52 minutes ago, delems said:

Just blew wheels off a panny one side.

Just did this on the training server, I got a kill credit awarded.

(seriously) Delems, it's not side-specific, it's location-specific. (as I understand it)

If you're an attacker, lose 1 side of you vehicle it's a mobility kill and you cannot RTB, therefor it's a loss. If you're a defender, lose one side, you can RTB and therefore it's not a kill. As you always play axis is seems like it's biased, but if you were an allied attacker, you'd see exactly the same thing as you do now.

I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of how it works.

I just don't understand the inconsistency.

Some vehicles get tracked one side and can RTB/RES/MIA just fine.

Other vehicles get tracked one side and are KIA.

All vehicles should yield the same result when tracked on one side is my point.

I don't care really what that result is, it just needs to be consistent.

5 minutes ago, delems said:

All vehicles should yield the same result when tracked on one side is my point.

I don't care really what that result is, it just needs to be consistent.

Consistency is essential. That should be a continuing theme, whether it's applied to controls design or damage models.

Test for location relative to your point of origin, as Fidd pointed out. MIA and RTB/RES are controlled when made immobile, by how close to a home base you are. So if you are immobile, that might or might not be a kill depending on how close to safety (an active base where you your forces could potentially be) you are when disabled. It was a long time ago when that code was written, so I might be off base here, or it may have changed, but that's how I recall it.

If things don't work as the code intends ... of course it should be fixed. If things don't work the way that everyone (or the majority) thinks is correct or what the game should represent ... well that should be assessed as a possible code change. 

The first thing to establish is how it is written to behave, and then test all parameters to establish if it is working in that manner. No expectations or trying to prove one view or the other that one person or another might decided head of the test (it happens) just test everything and chart the results in all variations.

• Like 1

You all are confused with the issue.

I'm not talking about taking damage and then unit lost to supply because of RES / MIA.

I'm talking about a direct KIA result in the mission screen to 1 side tracked.

If you take 1 track in a panzer and MIA, sure unit is lost but it is NOT KIA.

What I'm talking about is get 1 side tracked in vehicle and get immediate KIA result.

Very different scenarios.

Same range from friendly spawn ? Any other damage ? I'm not saying you're not reporting a bug or something that needs fixing, I'm asking how thoroughly did you test the various possibilities ? It's not as simple as tracked despawn check result. You need to test all the aspects of what the code is looking at to determine what result it gives you, since there quite a few. If you do that, and chart them all with precision .... you can show where the problem is and it can probably be addressed quickly, or at least easily.

Edited by DOC