Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

BF 109 G2 has too few LMG amo

vanapo

15 minutes ago, rfh556 said:

Seems like there are a lot of variables that would be effecting all nations and using accident landing rates as proof of decreased handling characteristics as the war went on might not be the best methodology?

True, but the problem is these factors do not necessarily occur at the same time. They can cancel each other out - or make the differences more striking, dependant on if they're in synch - or not. I spent a career and thousands of hours, flying around 70 different aircraft types, many of them variants with more - or less power - and with varying loads aboard. As a generalisation, the early aircraft has better harmonised controls, and were more forgiving handling, both in the air and on the ground, with the later versions of the same aircraft having better speed, range, and ability to carry loads, but poorer or otherwise idiosynchratic "habits", which made swapping between them, often 4 times a day, something you needed to pay full attention to, as whilst they appeared similar on the inside, their performance varied widely. As this experience is completely consistent with what I've read over the years concerning ever more powerful engines being put in airframes, in some cases half of the weight again of the original aircraft, that's good enough for me.