Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Stug /mg34

Dre21

When it gets killed /on fire the crew does not die and the potential of the Stug user to return fire is high ,  it needs to be fixed all we get is disgruntled players if that happenes. Not everyone will hit the despawn button. Even that he should. 

On 11/2/2020 at 6:34 AM, dre21 said:

When it gets killed /on fire the crew does not die and the potential of the Stug user to return fire is high ,  it needs to be fixed all we get is disgruntled players if that happenes. Not everyone will hit the despawn button. Even that he should. 

Witnessed this, thought it was one of those lag things we see from time to time.  So is this a normal thing to happen when on fire?

happneds all the times   for sherm users,  seen  sherms fire upto  10 secodn after they are on fire and get a kill... intrrutns, even on targets they are not facing.

the fire does not instantly kill the crew, but it does after 5 sec or so.

Our guys dont bail like real tankers would, they fight til they are crispy brown on the outside and ooey gooey on the inside

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, drkmouse said:

happneds all the times   for sherm users,  seen  sherms fire upto  10 secodn after they are on fire and get a kill... intrrutns, even on targets they are not facing.

That happens on all tanks until the fire reaches the crew... if thats the case with the Stug MG gunner, there is no problem.  Im trying to clarify. At times tanks will burn and burn and burn but keep moving and shooting. Rare but it happens... OR is the fire not reaching the MG gunner for an excessive amount of time which would be longer than 5-10 seconds.  So there might or might not be an issue.  The Stug MG gunner not dying took about 45-60 seconds before he stopped shooting.  That seemed longer than usual at the time but not so unusual to see happening. Like a lag thing for the client to realize he is burning.

46 minutes ago, stankyus said:

That happens on all tanks until the fire reaches the crew... if thats the case with the Stug MG gunner, there is no problem.  Im trying to clarify. At times tanks will burn and burn and burn but keep moving and shooting. Rare but it happens... OR is the fire not reaching the MG gunner for an excessive amount of time which would be longer than 5-10 seconds.  So there might or might not be an issue.  The Stug MG gunner not dying took about 45-60 seconds before he stopped shooting.  That seemed longer than usual at the time but not so unusual to see happening. Like a lag thing for the client to realize he is burning.

It's not specific for the MG gunner , I just said Stug /mg34 to ID which Stug.

Stug catches fire commander even deployed can still look around , gunner can still look for the target and fire , the MG gunner still alive too and the driver can still operate the Stug. 

Happened to me I was on fire commander out, still alive , all positions full operational but fire raging . After I switched through all positions and saw what was happening I hit escape and despawned. 

6 minutes ago, dre21 said:

It's not specific for the MG gunner , I just said Stug /mg34 to ID which Stug.

Stug catches fire commander even deployed can still look around , gunner can still look for the target and fire , the MG gunner still alive too and the driver can still operate the Stug. 

Happened to me I was on fire commander out, still alive , all positions full operational but fire raging . After I switched through all positions and saw what was happening I hit escape and despawned. 

So not a normal thing?  Sounds like your stug client was not updating the fire damage.  This happens from time to time for all AFVs but is rare.

So, as I have been in several fires you'd be surprised at how fast even a huge factory can fill with smoke. 

Our powerhouse which was recently demolished was essentially a 60' x 60' x 100' block building, I saw what looked like the black puff of exhaust from the exhaust pipe of a fork truck and asked the powerhouse supervisor if they were doing any grinding/cutting/welding in the powerhouse basement.  I walked past an open set of doors and could look and see the open doors at the other end of the powerhouse about 100' distant.  I walked another 30' forward through a set of double doors into our main building and saw there was smoke in the hallway of the main building.  I turned around and walked back to where I had just spoken to the powerhouse supervisor, I don't believe 10 seconds had past. When I looked through the powerhouse, it was completely filled with black smoke, the powerhouse supervisor was already on the phone to the fire department, you could not see the doors at the other end of the powerhouse I had seen only seconds before.   Some oily rags had ignited in the basement where they had been doing some demo of some old pipes, the rags burned and set the paint on fire on the I-Beams in the basement.  There was no structural damage, only the rags and the paint on the beams had burned, but in a few seconds one section of the powerhouse was completely obscured by acrid black smoke, and smoke made its way throughout the main building which is probably something like 300' x 300" by 100'.

Another time I was in an autoplant when some solvent based clearcoat ignited in an arc in a paint booth.  There was a flash something like a camera flash or lightning flash, and a fire/smoke burst/cloud which if I had blinked I would have missed.  The more amazing spectacle was the sprinkler system activating to suppress the fire.  Pray that you are never caught in the release of the water that has sat in sprinkler pipes the water is NASTY!  I mean the guys who came out of the booth were puking their guts up because of the sprinkler water.  Black gunk with an odor like rancid, rotten, death.  They opened the booth doors to come out of the paint booth and the water came out of the booth with them and the smell just lept.  I swear years later you could still smell it, its like if you ever have smelt a dead body and then smelt a dumpster on a hot day, things you can't forget.

Every fire I've seen, they may be okay for a few seconds but after they take hold, you wouldn't be able to see because of smoke, inside a tank, with the smoke the heat would be trapped, it would cascade, it would be like being inside a kiln. You'd be boiling alive, your skin peeling off, the fire would suck all the oxygen out of the air, you wouldn't be able to breathe, it would cook off any ammunition. I just can't see it as feasible that someone would be in a kiln, blinded by smoke, roasting alive, with no oxygen to breathe and have the presence of mind to man their weapon and fire aimed rounds.

I also read a story about one of the Arab/Israeli Wars (7 Days War I think) where some Syrian tanks were going through a pass in the mountains.  The Israelis took out the last tank and the first tank and that trapped the Syrian tanks in the pass, they couldn't go anywhere.  The sun beat down all day on the tanks and the Syrians were trapped in the tanks, when some of them tried to get out of the tanks the Israelis shot them.  Many of the Syrians managed to get out of the tanks  near dusk and then the Israelis went down and cleared out the remaining crews from the Syrian tanks.  Some of the crews had died in the tanks from heat prostration having been trapped in them for hours.  The Israelis moved the first tank out of the way, drove the rest of the tanks out of the pass, painted blue stars on them and had them in Israeli service the next day.

Edited by downtown

6 hours ago, stankyus said:

oh i agtree, but as a tnaker  the sherm  has  big adv  during the burn ( rela life ? no idea asi wuol be bailing) do t oturret speed andlack of in stug )

not a whine, just and observation.

11 hours ago, stankyus said:

So not a normal thing?  Sounds like your stug client was not updating the fire damage.  This happens from time to time for all AFVs but is rare.

2 out of 2 fires so far .

11 hours ago, dre21 said:

2 out of 2 fires so far .

Hmm, well keep an eye on it there could be a problem. I can say from my end I have not heard anything about that being an issue. Not yet at least but TBH I have not seen many of the new Stugs.