Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

In Development: "Deuce and a Half"

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOMGreat news for the U.S. Forces, the "Deuce and a Half" (US GMC CCKW 2.5 TONNER) is officially in development! Today we're going to share with you the current progress as well as some in-game screenshots. We also have a new "donation button" (you choose donation amount) as requested by many players who wish to support WWII Online development further.

Deuce and a Half - Coming to WWII Online!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=AMh1eCTHHag:B3lML264Zds:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=AMh1eCTHHag:B3lML264Zds:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=AMh1eCTHHag:B3lML264Zds:F7zBnMyn0Lo
AMh1eCTHHag

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Looks great!

All the more reason we need to allow FPA to use Sd Kfz 7;  axis FPA can't tow heavy guns;  usa and French can.

(and turn on brit)

10 hours ago, Cornered Rats said:

Great news for the U.S. Forces, the "Deuce and a Half" (US GMC CCKW 2.5 TONNER) is officially in development! XOOM

Will the development work also include ACKW sheet metal and details for the T0 French?

It's a great opportunity for them to get a historically valid road supply truck for very little extra development work...allowing the Laffly to be moved into its proper specialized-offroad-gun-tractor role.

The Germans have an offroad gun tractor, in addition to their APC and road supply truck. The British have a specialized gun tractor, in addition to their road supply truck and soon an APC. The Americans soon will have the CCKW as a supply truck and on-road gun tractor, and I hope soon will get the M3 as their APC and off-road gun tractor. Only the French are stuck with an off-road gun tractor also serving as their road supply truck and APC.

Then eventually if the French could get the Lorraine 39L as their APC, all the transport quads...APC, road supply truck, off-road gun tractor...will be historically accurately filled out.

Almost entirely the same truck as the CCKW, but the early 1940 version. Hundreds delivered to France; some also delivered to Britain after France's fall, but I don't think Britain ordered any ACKWs on their own. Later they got CCKWs per their own orders.

ACKW also still in use by USA in 1942, but the CCKW is more straightforward for US forces as of their game entry.

Note that the tires on the first photo below are of the common US dual-purpose tire, mid- to late-war pattern. The French-delivered trucks had road tires. 

depositphotos_183610874-stock-photo-amer

rm35077.jpg?t=1492459760

3_6t2yk4MHIXs5Jhf9FH9MorFMjpmteT3-JohKXt

"X" in the designator means extended frame and loadbed. The French ordered many types, including ACK (4x4), ACKW (6x4 or 6x6) and ACKWX (6x4 or 6x6). This is a 6x6...front differential is visible in the photo.

ACKWX-353.jpg

The two trucks above have road tires, as provided on the French shipments.

a88b76601ead827313937ed98fa95c8d.jpg

This has US tires. Says USA on the hood so maybe US service early in the war. A British truck midwar with US provided replacement tires would look just like this, though. Might be a replacement top cover, since it comes down farther than the OEM version.

GMC%20ACKWX-353_1.jpg

French-ordered truck in British service, I think.

mvpa-ackwx-4.jpg

US truck, still in service even though the CCKW was being received for new orders. These are older US multipurpose tires.

Edited by jwilly