Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Holiday Release Readme: 1.36.8.0

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

CRS HolidayMerry Early-Christmas WWII Online! We're so excited to share with you a lot of hard work coming together to make up this holiday release. New vehicles, the new Builder Commando class, the USAAF becoming part of the regular campaign, and lots of updates/bug fixes. I'd like to thank all of our staff at Cornered Rat Software for their hard work here and for you the players giving us an extra bit of time compared to normal to deliver a monster patch. And for those who have been asking so much about SNOW, I'd like to let you know that our team has repaired and improved snow and it'll be available effective this release. 

Welcome Back Soldier starts this coming Tuesday, be sure to get everyone ready - in fact, they can login now with Free Play access and on the 22nd we'll then give them all the toys. That being said, let's dig into the details of this update and kick-off this Christmas / New Year with a bang!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=YOeY7EJv6g8:NQkiN7ShebM:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=YOeY7EJv6g8:NQkiN7ShebM:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=YOeY7EJv6g8:NQkiN7ShebM:F7zBnMyn0Lo
YOeY7EJv6g8

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

2 hours ago, bebop57 said:

Looks to me as if all the new toys are allied only? Correct me if im wrong?

I assume that the builders commando class is not side specific. I also believe that they are still working on the Ju-88, amongst other things. We've waited this long, what's a little longer so long as it's done right in the end?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bebop57 said:

Well, that kinda sucks a bit.. but the US was lacking its truck and atg. We still do not have a US LMG or M1 Carbine while you all got the stg44. You got the G2 and we got nothing. You got a Stug with LMG and skirts, we got nothing. You all got the 190A3 and we got nothing. So while I do not like items being introduced without something for everyone thats the way things go these days. At least you are not playing catch up.

Last patch was pretty axis heavy if I remember correctly, and the truck and 37mm atg are basic kit that the axis already have.  Like stanky said though, I think overall it would be better to release things in a more even matter

There's always some kids that need something to whine about. Kids are kids and therefore do they have very short memory, and are unable to see the bigger pictures. It doesn't matter what you do, they are on constant whine mood just because they are… kids.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

Well, that kinda sucks a bit.. but the US was lacking its truck and atg. We still do not have a US LMG or M1 Carbine while you all got the stg44. You got the G2 and we got nothing. You got a Stug with LMG and skirts, we got nothing. You all got the 190A3 and we got nothing. So while I do not like items being introduced without something for everyone thats the way things go these days. At least you are not playing catch up.

You have a million [censored] shermans

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bebop57 said:

Oh and thanks for the [censored] seagull

24 minutes ago, Sparre said:

There's always some kids that need something to whine about. Kids are kids and therefore do they have very short memory, and are unable to see the bigger pictures. It doesn't matter what you do, they are on constant whine mood just because they are… kids.

You mean like whine about a lmg that shoots from the hip?

I like the graphics/textures update. I also love having snow, at least for the holidays. You are going to get the usual complaints about it. But literally every other WW2 game I've played incorporates winter weather in some fashion. Next phase might be to add snow camo etc. but I realize this is probably a short term weather pattern.

Haven't seen the cobblestone streets yet (they're under snow) but interested in how they look, too. 

9 hours ago, bebop57 said:

You have a million [censored] shermans

And here I thought your issue was that we got a missing US truck and ATG... go figure. I guess the silliness of your complaining hit home after pointing out the numerous pretty darn powerful additions to the axis kit like the 190a3 and stg44 with nothing for the allies. And all we got was a light ATG and a truck.  So it’s really about Sherman’s... ? Interesting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bebop57 said:

You mean like whine about a lmg that shoots from the hip?

All lmgs can be hip fired, you see there, you’re all rilled up about nothing. All good now?

• Like 1

I noticed at a sort of medium range, through my gunsight, the Depots have no windows visible. With the binos I see the guy shooting at me.

Hmm, no mention of all the terrain changes!

I see many, way cool...   :)

But, sadly, didn't fix the Antwerp town layout fiasco yet :(

• CORNERED RAT
On 12/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, delems said:

Hmm, no mention of all the terrain changes!

I see many, way cool...   :)

From the readme

• 31 customer reported terrain issues have been resolved

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:23 AM, stankyus said:

All lmgs can be hip fired, you see there, you’re all rilled up about nothing. All good now?

While running?

• Thanks 1