Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sight VS hit US 37mm

atgman

Just spawned the new US 37mm ATG off line.

Went to the shooting range to try a few shots to see where the hits are VS the aiming point.

Results were super disappointing.

The shots land far to the right of the aiming point at all practical ranges, sure at point blank with the off set of barrel VS scope I expect that, but not a 900m.

The height of the hit just climbs as distance increase (shoots high @900m), the zero needs to be at a realistic distance for the practical range of the gun and ammo combo.

(using the horizontal bars as zero for range/height)

Are my observations correct?

Edited by atgman

It works as intended (verified). The boresight is somewhat high at close range but due to the flat trajectory it hardly matters.

It shoots straight and true on flat ground, as it should. The horizontal line denotes 600m range. The tip of the vertical line denotes 800m. The lowest tip of the vertical denotes 1500m. The gunsight was hard to reproduce with the tools that we have, being that the etching is very small. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjztr6ueo59o6k3/m6gunsight.png?dl=0

Re tried with the range info above, I agree it seems to work that way. (only tried @500 m).

Is it the M51 APC ammo type replicated in game?

If so it will cut like a hot knife in butter on the PZs, 61mm penetration at zero degree @ 500 yd. 

(Hogg – Allied Artillery of World War Two, p 149.)

Or: Wikipedia M3 gun