Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

DB-7 Engines will not start.

milo

When I spawn into either the game world, the training server, or offline with the DB-7, the propellers are already spinning, and the engines will not start.

There is no issue with any other aircraft.

I tried deleting the db7.cfml file but this did not  resolve the problem. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users

Man that is weird... That plane was not touched since the damage audit. 

I'll make a ticket. 

2 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

Man that is weird... That plane was not touched since the damage audit. 

I'll make a ticket. 

Thanks.  I will keep looking into it on my end  S!

• Registered Users

I checked it offline and no joy. Gonna look inside now and see what's up. 

I just reproduced this too. Only difference I noticed is that on the training server when i spawn in the engines are off for me and will not start. If I start offline mode and spawn in the engines are spinning with no noise and will not start.

Edit: unable to test live server at the moment - no TOE for french equip

Edited by blipoop

30 minutes ago, blipoop said:

I just reproduced this too. Only difference I noticed is that on the training server when i spawn in the engines are off for me and will not start. If I start offline mode and spawn in the engines are spinning with no noise and will not start.

Edit: unable to test live server at the moment - no TOE for french equip

Just loaded it onto my work laptop, in offline mode, the first time I spawned the DB-7 there was no spinning of the propellers and no starting of the engines.

I then spawned the A-20C and the Boston, and both worked.

When I respawned a DB-7, the engines were spinning and the engines would not start.

Testing offline.

Cannot start the DB-7 engines.

When I de-spawn a single engine plane while the propeller is still spinning (engine on or off) and then spawn the DB-7, I see the port propeller spinning. If I spawn back into a plane (single or multi engine) and de-spawn with the propeller not spinning, and then spawn the DB-7 I see the port propeller has stopped spinning.

If I de-spawn a multi engine plane while the propellers are spinning (engines on or off) and then spawn in the DB-7, I see both propellers spinning. If I spawn back into a single engine plane and de-spawn with the propeller not spinning, and then spawn the DB-7 I see only the starboard propeller spinning.

If I de-spawn a multi engine plane while the propellers are spinning (engine on or off) and then spawn in the DB-7, I see both propellers spinning. If I spawn back into a multi engine plane and de-spawn with the propellers not spinning, and then spawn the DB-7 both propellers have stopped spinning.

Edited by milo

• CORNERED RAT

Gah! While finishing up the new A20C Havoc for release, I noticed the DB7 had the wrong Pratt&Whitney R-1830 model number in the data files and updated it locally to commit the change to the project for the DB7 at a later date (BTW, this change was only in a name reference line and not anything to do with engine performance, well, other than breaking the darn thing altogether). Apparently in my rush to finish the A20C, that file accidentally got committed along with the A20C files without the appropriate links being updated across the other necessary DB7 FM files and I broke it. Since this was in the A20C work commit, and was not documented (because that file was not intended to be committed) there was no note of the change for QA to know to check it, and it got past us.

Not sure how I missed committing that file early, but this one is 100% on me... I'm fixing it now so that it can go in the next hotfix asap.

My sincerest apologies

(Update 11:39 CST: The files have been fixed and are ready for inclusion in the next hotfix that we will get out to you ASAP)

• CORNERED RAT
17 minutes ago, johnsammy said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so my comment got deleted.... as I expected....

it started a chain of stupidity that's best left hidden.  

• Haha 1

• CORNERED RAT
31 minutes ago, undercova said:

so a simple codeline prevented the jet engine to start ... interesting ;)

1 character actually.....