Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Two accounts working closely: Is it cheating?

hillstorm

When a player with two known accounts (I mean, it's obvious) spawns both of them as infantry at the same FMS. I kill one of them (one of his "personas," to be clear) and he locates and kills me with the other one. This isn't a case of him towing anything, obviously. 

EDIT: the people have spoken, and it seems this is generally accepted. I don’t agree with it, but I’ll try to look at it with an open mind and accept it as part of the game. 

Edited by hillstorm
  • Haha 1

Why is this bad, exactly?

I ask because I honestly think the game would be hugely improved if we each had multiple inf avatars in play at once—just exactly like having multiple accounts.

If a squad of men was walking, and one was shot, there's a decent chance the others see where it came from, and direct fire at that area.

In ww2ol with no multiple accounts, someone can die, and warn others where the shot came from over chat (or voice), which is exactly the same.

Tater:

There is a huge difference between communicating to another player about the position of an enemy infantry, and simply pivoting your computer chair a half turn to kill the enemy you just saw kill you on the other screen. 

• CORNERED RAT

If both accounts were in on the same side - there is no violation of any TOS.  That'd be no different than when playing along side another player from the same room. 

If 1 account was on one side, and the 2nd account was on the other - violation of TOS. 

Noted. I'll remember this next time we are talking about "realism" "historical accuracy" "simulation" etc. etc. 

• CORNERED RAT
14 minutes ago, hillstorm said:

Noted. I'll remember this next time we are talking about "realism" "historical accuracy" "simulation" etc. etc. 

as soon as you can prevent 2 players from sitting next to each other with laptops playing.    Or communicating via voice coms when one of them gets shot to come check the fms... I'm up for the discussion.  Hell even in the 'old' days me and my room mate would setup our computers so that we could work together.

Hill,  I'm with B2K on that one ,I play a 2 PC set up , 2 monitor next to each other ,I have used it exactly as you described actually even spotted for my Panzer where I had really no view on an AB cause my gunner view was  covered but had my 2nd account set up that I could see , I would look where my rounds landed  . It worked and I scored kills . 

The set up can get confusing too if you don't pay attention especially when u only have audio on one PC but you operate the other or you want to respawn the 2nd account after you set up a FMS and spawnout the main account which was the 88 you just towed into position.

14 hours ago, B2K said:

as soon as you can prevent 2 players from sitting next to each other with laptops playing.    Or communicating via voice coms when one of them gets shot to come check the fms... I'm up for the discussion.  Hell even in the 'old' days me and my room mate would setup our computers so that we could work together.

Remember LAN parties? Those were a blast. Heck, I'd have a lot of fun if we could get some squaddies together at some point and sit next to each other and play. I think that situation is really rare, but I know a few family members play together, or so I've heard I'm cool with that. If I got killed knowing two players worked together I wouldn't have much reason to gripe. 

BUT there is so much "cat and mouse" in this game, lots of it is dueling. In this scenario, player A spawned, I killed him, and then I changed position knowing he would come after me where I was. He did that, and I killed him again, and then I started moving, knowing I had a little time because he was respawning. 

But that is totally negated when his second player, player B, is sitting at a vantage point - close, but away from us - and could see me moving to a new position. So he just killed me with his player B. That's a clear, and total advantage. 

If two ei are going to have such a clear advantage over me, I want to know a human is packing up his damn laptop and taking it over to someone else's house with a bag of beef jerky and whatever crap beer he wants to drink and is doing it the RIGHT way. 

And not for nothing, I wouldn’t do this if my side was winning AND was overpop. Honor doesn't count for anything in this game though, so whatevs. 

Edited by hillstorm

2 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Honour , lol u were camping the fms, cry me a river.

Yeah and you're the absolute worst. The most side-biased poster in this forum. Congrats on your 88 kills on one sortie in a Matty the other night btw, while you explain we were using all the wrong tactics and whatever other nonsense you peddle here. Most of us know what's really going on. 

4 minutes ago, Tatonka said:

you know it could be 2 guys and he just msg the other guy where you were .  

It's not in this case, but no worries. I'll get over it. Gonna just keep playing the way I play. 

• Like 1

Hmmmm interesting. I can understand the frustration. Still.......

I pay for a hero builder account and so am given two units in the game. Typically I use one to tow. Sometimes....if I am in a tank I will use the other as  on my 6 protection. Sometimes I will bring a 232 for 6 protection. I don't see how this violating any kind of "fairness" in the game...aka "cheating."  When I go out sapping et's or an fms I am well aware there could be infantry protecting the tanks, fms or other units. Sometimes there is, some times not....but I darn well check as best I can. If I don't ....that's on me, regardless who is at the other end for the account!

If a person has a second account and is running it that's their business....not different than two players talking (possibly slower). Unless of course they are playing both sides at once. They are on the playing fields so they also represent an opportunity for a kill.

At least for me It's not that easy trying to control two units in a timely fashion if they are in action....not just sitting guarding some room, fms or fb. Even when all the controls are pretty accessible. 

I think I give the enemy alot of kills because of using two units.... there's a lot more going on in the "cat and mouse" game than just me, my number two and the enemy unit. There's a whole bunch of other enemy units, who very likely and have find the unit I am not working with and enjoy killing it.

I think the situation feels more egregious because it's not that often two different players are actually doing this...i.e. overwatch on spawn, talking with each other, etc...  so one doesn't encounter it that as much. Though a squad like BK talks a lot in their missions and they will search out a fms camper.

The spawn camping thing...hmmmm. A whole other discussion...as is the almost indestructible matty moments. lol. 

S!

Spawn camping is a legit way to try to get them to pull a spawn. If it weren't legit, CRS would have engineered a way to make them wholly protected. 

Just like camping a town with a Matty and racking 88 kills while sitting in one spot and never having to move is also legit, as things are set up now. 

15 minutes ago, hillstorm said:

Yeah and you're the absolute worst. The most side-biased poster in this forum. Congrats on your 88 kills on one sortie in a Matty the other night btw, while you explain we were using all the wrong tactics and whatever other nonsense you peddle here. Most of us know what's really going on. 

If countering the bs , the axis truthsayers peddle makes me side biased , so be it. 88 kills my arse the stats are bugged. 

I have never said anything about axis tactics one way or another. You need to bark up another tree.

13 minutes ago, hillstorm said:

Spawn camping is a legit way to try to get them to pull a spawn. If it weren't legit, CRS would have engineered a way to make them wholly protected. 

Just like camping a town with a Matty and racking 88 kills while sitting in one spot and never having to move is also legit, as things are set up now. 

I’m not the one claiming to be honourable. I just play the game given the set of kit and rules we have.

14 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

If countering the bs , the axis truthsayers peddle makes me side biased , so be it. 88 kills my arse the stats are bugged. 

I have never said anything about axis tactics one way or another. You need to bark up another tree.

Yes, you're a real hero. Keep speaking truth to power! And if we're talking about trees up which to bark, you jumped into this convo, remember? FTR I wasn't doing anything wrong and technically I wasn't even spawn camping in this case, I moved away from the spawn and he came looking for me. But it doesn't matter now, does it? 2 on 1 is pretty good odds no matter what the scenario. 

Edited by hillstorm

Lol come on ur basically crying foul because someone outsmarted you . Miffed you may be , crying on the forum because of it brings its own risks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Lol come on ur basically crying foul because someone outsmarted you . Miffed you may be , crying on the forum because of it brings its own risks.

Risks of what? The most side-biased poster on the forum, bar none, jumping in and lending his "two cents"? That's not a risk, it's a given. Thanks for your input!

S!

It’s an open forum, was just having a laugh at the ludicrous claims of players who have honour. 

You’re obviously touchy about getting outsmarted. Better luck next time

Edited by goreblimey

5 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

It’s an open forum, was just having a laugh at the ludicrous claims of players who have honour. 

Your obviously touchy about getting outsmarted. Better luck next time

Thanks buddy. You're a good forum soldier, always fighting the good fight here. Don't let any ludicrous claims go unanswered - at least if they're from the "wrong side."

Edited by hillstorm

1 hour ago, hillstorm said:

You're suggesting that if 2 people were next to each other, and one was shot, the other is clueless what happened?

Half the time I get shot I never even see the guy who shot me—he's in a bush, or a window, or barely peeking above something.

I'm not seeing any issue with realism whatsoever.

What;s your suggestion if 2 players are in a room (in game, not RL) and one gets shot. Should the other be frozen in place for some number of seconds, just in case they saw where the shot came from?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hillstorm said:

Thanks buddy. You're a good forum soldier, always fighting the good fight here. Don't let any ludicrous claims go unanswered - at least if they're from the "wrong side."

Axis have plenty of advocates , doesn’t need me to point out allied bs.

I shot this tank once with an ATG in the right front side, and killed the hull gunner—and can you believe it, the player in the tank switched to the turret, rotated it and killed me!

The nerve!

8 minutes ago, tater said:

You're suggesting that if 2 people were next to each other, and one was shot, the other is clueless what happened?

Half the time I get shot I never even see the guy who shot me—he's in a bush, or a window, or barely peeking above something.

I'm not seeing any issue with realism whatsoever.

What;s your suggestion if 2 players are in a room (in game, not RL) and one gets shot. Should the other be frozen in place for some number of seconds, just in case they saw where the shot came from?

I understand what you're getting at. However, these weren't two avatars who were running in together as a (very small) platoon of sorts. One was already out of the FMS and positioned so as to overlook the FMS from a short distance, under cover. That's avatar B. Avatar A spawned and I killed him. I figured he might respawn and come after me, so I started moving so I'd be in the other direction, sure enough he ran out to where he thought I was and I shot him again. Then as I start to move again, I'm shot by avatar B. From cover, at a vantage point. 

Could two players have done this just as easily? Probably, but I'd respect that because they are two players. This just seems so off to me. But others don't seem to have a problem with it whatsoever so I'm trying to look at it from different angles or whatever. I'm getting over it. Or trying. 

Edited by hillstorm

• hillstorm changed the title to Two accounts working closely: Is it cheating?
  • B2K locked this topic