Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Tiers moving too fast.

delems

• CORNERED RAT

This campaign the Tier progression has been reduced for this campaign 

They are moving at the speed they are set to

lol, eh, I noticed the very first day.

Just thought it was a tier 0 thing, you know, May - Dec, half a year.

It would be nice to know at the outset of the campaign ... what the planned number of days per tier is. In fact, i think it should just be added into the new campaign start announcement on the forums. Otherwise .... you are just gonna get people questioning why you are doing what you are doing ... moving too fast, too slow, tier switches do not match stated tier progression in wiretap, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, choad said:

It would be nice to know at the outset of the campaign ... what the planned number of days per tier is. In fact, i think it should just be added into the new campaign start announcement on the forums. Otherwise .... you are just gonna get people questioning why you are doing what you are doing ... moving too fast, too slow, tier switches do not match stated tier progression in wiretap, etc.

Agreed. 

3 hours ago, choad said:

But but then the PB can't yell and cry bias, it's always amazing how CRS old and now new shoots themselves in the foot with little mistakes like that. 

4 hours ago, choad said:

i agree

S!

To be consistent with the reality CRS should only reduce tier 0.

4 hours ago, choad said:

Agree as well, because it should be known to all the player base at the start of the campaign. There shouldn't need to be a thread like this for a major campaign point of data like tier timing. 

Personally, I prefer to play tiers 0-1, so yah, it effects the game in someway. 

Still think we should try different campaign set ups. First one is Battle of France only, 1940-1941 (tiers 0-1). The campaign is timed and if the Axis fail to capture France within that time the Soviets enter the war and the Germans are forced on the defence, thus giving the Allies the win, provided they have enough % of territory still in their control. Campaign two ideally would be North Africa (Soon? TM), but given that we only have our current map battle two is France Invasion 1943, where the Allies have to push out of beachheads and the Axis try to through them back into the sea (starts in max tier). 

The campaign after that one could reset back to the normal, current what-if campaign, and then the process starts over again. Just some operational variety to keep the simulation interesting. Flags/garrison TOE can even be adjusted for each campaign to better simulate the historical situation of each campaign set up (like low initial numbers of Royal Army armour in tier 0 for the Battle of France campaign, which would help the Axis). 

Apologize for the side discussion, I intend on making this its own thread soon. 

Cheers,

• CORNERED RAT

I will in form the community going forward on how fast the Tiers will be . 

The only Tier that will not be held to an exact number  is Tier 3 ,  That tier is handle manually to add the US on the map.   Because it is done manually i have to do it while i am at home at night.   

This is not my Day job so the window is small for when it can be done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, OHM said:

The only Tier that will not be held to an exact number  is Tier 3 ,  That tier is handle manually to add the US on the map.   Because it is done manually i have to do it while i am at home at night.   

Wunderbar! Thanks Ohm!

6 hours ago, OHM said:

Quit your job !

;)

On 2/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, N8 said:

You want all the toys so you can kill me :) 

you're on the wrong side of the fence...

10th days of campaign ... and already US in !! 

and magically the map is instantly moving E ... allies overpop :rolleyes:

i remember how some ppl said i am wrong to assume that many allies only/mainly play as soon as US flags are on the map. 

nevertheless the super fast tiers are the complete wrong way. we already have latest equipment after a few weeks ... and then it can take like 1-2 months until campaign is over. the amount of time we play with lower tier stuff ... is getting more and more less. personally i love Tier 0 and parts of Tier 1. the other tiers are just endless intermission like meat grinders

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, undercova said:

10th days of campaign ... and already US in !! 

and magically the map is instantly moving E ... allies overpop :rolleyes:

i remember how some ppl said i am wrong to assume that many allies only/mainly play as soon as US flags are on the map. 

nevertheless the super fast tiers are the complete wrong way. we already have latest equipment after a few weeks ... and then it can take like 1-2 months until campaign is over. the amount of time we play with lower tier stuff ... is getting more and more less. personally i love Tier 0 and parts of Tier 1. the other tiers are just endless intermission like meat grinders

But but remember we only have to deal with the Matilda a few days without anything but really a Sapper , and soon the Achilles and Firefly for maybe a month or longer , while Allies got inconvenienced a few days vs the Tiger .

I know I know it's only in the Brit Garrisons , I would bet all towns that do get taken will turn into exactly those towns 

But it's all good , the only thing that might offset all of this is player numbers , or TZ3 .

We shall see , time will tell.

1 hour ago, Dre21 said:

But but remember we only have to deal with the Matilda a few days without anything but really a Sapper , and soon the Achilles and Firefly for maybe a month or longer , while Allies got inconvenienced a few days vs the Tiger .

I know I know it's only in the Brit Garrisons , I would bet all towns that do get taken will turn into exactly those towns 

But it's all good , the only thing that might offset all of this is player numbers , or TZ3 .

We shall see , time will tell.

Pretty sure the Tiger inconvenience tier was the same length as the matty inconvenience tier. The 88 really shined during tier zero this time around, good job. Agree though, too short of tiers for my taste.

22 hours ago, choad said:

Pretty sure the Tiger inconvenience tier was the same length as the matty inconvenience tier. The 88 really shined during tier zero this time around, good job. Agree though, too short of tiers for my taste.

Yes maybe so and after that it's the 1942 gear vs the 1944 gear , and that will be how long ?