Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Tanks exploding on hitting "esc" to cease a mission

fidd

In the Churchill, specifically, the VII CS, I fairly frequently see the tank explode and the "death cam", the instant I press "esc" to cease the mission. If this happened once or twice I'd have suspected being sapped or shrecked shortly before I happened to press esc, but there's no interval whatsoever between pressing the esc key and the explosion, and, it's happened to me over 10 occasions in the last two campaigns or so.

As I remember it, unless it has changed ... if you hit "esc" to leave your vehicle but where it has sustained damage enough to be a kill (and that could be a kill in someones stats that hasn't killed crew or blown up the tank) there is a code trigger to blow up your vehicle because it looks better to opposition players on the battlefield who are hitting you. Before that change, you would have just vanished rather ignominiously and in utter silence. Could this be what you're witnessing ?

• Like 1

That's possible, I assume a mobility-kill from one of the Ju87's tank-destroyers would be enough to cause that. The Ch7 is evidently pretty resistant to an outright kill, which I presume is why I'm only seeing this effect with the Ch7? Thanks for the response, it was weirding me out.

your engine got a critical hit and died most likely or was about to blow up. dense white smoke is a guaranteed visual confirmation of that ... or white smoke and then no smoke after that (engine death)

events that do NOT blow you up but get a kill credit on your tank:

- gunner / driver kill

- double tracked

- disabled main gun

Edited by undercova

On 3/4/2021 at 3:22 AM, DOC said:

because it looks better to opposition players on the battlefield who are hitting you. Before that change, you would have just vanished rather ignominiously and in utter silence.

I can follow that logic. I'd like to see AA guns blow up as well please ;)

Edited by vanapo

5 hours ago, vanapo said:

I can follow that logic. I'd like to see AA guns blow up as well please ;)

i would prefer a massive explosion when an ammo crate gets hit/blown up ! :D

• Like 1