Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Best joystick/throttle/rudder pedals for this game

rmack1

I'm thinking the Cougar HOTAS stick and throttle with the Thrustmaster TPR pedals is about as high end as you can get.  Anyone know of anything better?

I personally use the VKB Gladiator NXT - It's an amazing bit of kit at a good price point for higher end equipment. After using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and also a Thrustmaster Hotas One the current stick is just a massive upgrade in feel, quality and performance all around. The Thrustmaster lasted me just under a month before it broke. The Logitech unit lasted me somewhere between 10 and 15 years.

Some of the higher end sticks don't have the twist on stick (rudder) or throttle on stick so it's something to look out for - it would be then expected to buy rudder pedals and a separate throttle if these don't come on the stick you decide on. For me I started with the VKB Gladiator NXT and in the future can upgrade with a separate throttle and pedals when space allows.

As said above Virpil and VKB are both great. Also check out CH Products.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, courtneyy said:

I would check out Virpil and VKB, both have some great options. 

I was checking out the Virpil Mongoose.  It has a flap lever on the right side of the throttle.  Is that able to be programmed to operate flaps in this game?  I understand setting up incremental flaps takes some fiddling with the game files.

I use Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle. W/saitek rudder pedals.

I also have a seatwarmer and windshield defroster for cold morning starts

• 4 weeks later...

My next set of rudders is going to be the VKB. I like the idea of all steel construction and low profile.