Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

232 dead to rifle.

delems

Thought 232s weren't supposed to die to rifle anymore?

1 shot my 232 dead to French rifle.

(no, it wasn't HE or HEAT, no explosion)

Really.... very unlikely cos a sapper killed u and they dont have rifles. Another Delemtia moment ?

Then it was pistol.   I can hear explosions.

And yes, lol could be losing it :), or no sound on charge.

Edited by delems

Is it reproducible?

I get killed right after spawning inside a barracks or depot by armor hammering the place (sometimes I assume a 232 or p2 because 20mm). I assume that maybe I somehow have a packet send me through a wall or something at just the wrong time. That or the 20mm does the same and skips the wall?

Is something like that possible wit random shots on armor? I shoot 232s with rifles just cause I hate them, I don't expect any positive outcome.

idk, don't really feel like trying to see if testing server is up - then getting multiple accounts running and testing it.

All I know is, ei came to my 232, heard fire (not explosion) and I was dead. (main gun, 20mm was taken out -- never even seen that before)

Edited by delems

15 minutes ago, delems said:

idk, don't really feel like trying to see if testing server is up - then getting multiple accounts running and testing it.

All I know is, ei came to my 232, heard fire (not explosion) and I was dead. (main gun, 20mm was taken out -- never even seen that before)

Weird. I've shot at a lot of 232s with rifles and LMGs, and the only time I ever kill them is with a BAR (and usually it's from short range). If I had some black tip for the M1, I could do it with a rifle, too ;)

On 3/31/2021 at 1:48 AM, goreblimey said:

M1 and Springfield can kill 232

MAS 36 and the 2 US rifles all have about the same MV, why just those (and how?)?

mas 36 wont. 

I'll try and post u a piccie or hit me up when u see me in game ill show you

19 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

I'll try and post u a piccie or hit me up when u see me in game ill show you

I remember something from years ago, but it was literally standing next to it.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:20 AM, tater said:

Weird. I've shot at a lot of 232s with rifles and LMGs, and the only time I ever kill them is with a BAR (and usually it's from short range). If I had some black tip for the M1, I could do it with a rifle, too ;)

i can say same thign about   the  m10 and maty  beign kiled by  stry  things , but they got fixed.  Why so many allie sin her trying to stopit form being chacked?  it is just s  clown car?

33 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

i can say same thign about   the  m10 and maty  beign kiled by  stry  things , but they got fixed.  Why so many allie sin her trying to stopit form being chacked?  it is just s  clown car?

I see 2 (only) allies in here neither of which is trying to spot anything from being chacked. I was correcting delems's assertion he was killed be a mas 36 rifle. 

You need to get that chip off your shoulder.

All I want is accurate modeling and spawnlists/paradigm to facilitate the fight and sense of purpose.

So if rifles are supposed to penetrate 232s fine, only penetrate on odd days or spall fine, not penetrate fine.  Otherwise don't give a flying crap for anybody's feelings, 232 guy or rifle guy.

Yeah, Allied here, and if no rifle should penetrate a 232, ever, then so be it. COurse you need to demonstrate that you were actually killed by a rifle. Maybe a rifle fired and so did something else you didn't hear?

Edited by tater

In my case, was a FB hot drop.

Killed truck and engr - sapper either lived or got out of MS before we destroyed it.

Heard ei at my 232 running around -- then plink, main gun disabled and dead --- no explosion.

And I've never seen my 232 main gun destroyed before.

maybe it insta killed the crew u were at and therefore didnt transmit the sound... just speculating

Can ATR's damage the 20mm gun on 232's/PzII's? I havn't used one of those since God was a boy, but if they can that account for what happened/what you heard? 

Incidentally I was very interested to watch David Fletcher's recent film where the design philosophy underpinning the various 23 series Jerry A/C's was set out. I'd always assumed the complex facetted shapes were to improve protection, whereas, (although they did to a small degree) it was actually the weight-saving they were predominantly after. Did you see that? Very interesting.

• Haha 1