Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

US garrison tank supply

undercova

Data from current Tier 3 - collected the data today morning from ingame spawn lists

ub8uJ6N.jpg

US garrisons have a quite high number of "good" tanks in their supply

US:

18x Sherman + 12x Sherman 76 + 9x M10 Wolverine

=> 39 tanks

Germany:

7x IV G + 8x StuG 3 G + 3x StuG 3 G w/MG34 + 3x IV H + 4x Tiger

=> 25 tanks

France:

12x Sherman + 6x M10 Wolverine + 6x Sherman 76

=> 24 tanks

Britain:

10x Sherman + 2x M10 Wolverine + 2x Achilles TD + 1x Sherman 76 + 3x Firefly + 5x Ch7 + (2x Ch8 CS)

=> 23+2 tanks

So why is it that US garrisons have +50% tank supply ??

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, undercova said:

US garrisons have a quite high number of "good" tanks in their supply

Why do you have 4 tiers (not ww2ol tiers, the 4 colors) of armor there, then:

Why do you move a bunch of tanks down 1-2 notches (towards heavy?) for the US alone?

Vickies moving down to the second heaviest tanks from the lightest?

Daimler and Stuart moving down 1 as well.

I can't comment  on regular Sherm quality vs what it faces I don't tank much.

The total row that has "48" for the US should in fact have "27."

The total row above it that has "0" should have "8."

The total row above that one that has "0" should have "13."

Why are so many German tanks thrown into that lightest colored light armor category (sorry I don't know them that well)? Surely not gun, some are the same as the Stuart caliber, right?

• CORNERED RAT

None (maybe fewer rounds, but none model wise (can't accurately recall at the moment).  the DLC are available only to those who have purchased the DLC packages via steam.

49 minutes ago, Obelix1 said:

I have a question. What are the differences with the DLC tanks, to the non DLC?

Fewer rounds, like B2K stated above. 

Needless to say that the Sherman 76 has a positive k/d against all German tanks including the Tiger. But stats are all bollocks, right? Just give Americans as many tanks as they can fit into an AB and make half of them the best ones we got in game. It's completely ridiculous to me that the Sherman 76 is just as common as the normal Sherman.

But then again, I am not a tanker. So don't listen to me.

2 minutes ago, vanapo said:

Needless to say that the Sherman 76 has a positive k/d against all German tanks including the Tiger. But stats are all bollocks, right? Just give Americans as many tanks as they can fit into an AB and make half of them the best ones we got in game. It's completely ridiculous to me that the Sherman 76 is just as common as the normal Sherman.

It's not the tank it is the tanker! 

Axis have a lot of players who will spawn tank after tank and die instantly in a camped AB. 

Allies don't.

Edited by Kempi

1 minute ago, Kempi said:

Axis have a lot of players who will spawn tank after tank and die instantly in a camped AB. 

Allies don't.

Ok. I get that. Then you will have no problem with your supplies cut in half. It's the tanker, after all, not the number of tanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, vanapo said:

Ok. I get that. Then you will have no problem with your supplies cut in half. It's the tanker, after all, not the number of tanks.

What I am saying is stats do not mean much, not when you have people just spawning tank after tank in a camped AB. Something Axis are notorious for.

Also I see very few Axis tankers working together, where as allied players have a lot of tanker squads who all work together. There are so many reasons the stats are in favour of the allies. 

Edited by Kempi

18 minutes ago, vanapo said:

Can you please trying tanking?  Turn JG51 and JG2 into Armor squads.... Pretty PLEASE!  I will even let you hunt me for your video stream, and I will scream every time you kill me.  I just want to fly relaxed and not look over my shoulder every 15 seconds.  Sad Spongebob Squarepants GIF by swerk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Kempi said:

Allies don't.

We have witnessed this a lot the last couple of days, same player spawning tiger and getting zooked or sapped.  They spawn another tiger and go right back to the same spot and die again.  Its the same people burning your tiger supply up to stupid deaths.  We have the same problem on our side with a few. 

The issue with stats is they will generally skew in favor of the winning side.  The winning side is more likely to have better organized attacks/defenses, and morel likely to have out right camps at FBs/ABs. As well as playing more fundamentally sound like covering each other. That doesn't mean that a crusader should have a positive k/d against tigers by the end of the campaign but a Sherm76 and Tiger could go back in forth with who has a better k/d depending on which side is playing better.

24 minutes ago, rabbit said:

We have witnessed this a lot the last couple of days, same player spawning tiger and getting zooked or sapped.  They spawn another tiger and go right back to the same spot and die again.  Its the same people burning your tiger supply up to stupid deaths.  We have the same problem on our side with a few. 

The issue with stats is they will generally skew in favor of the winning side.  The winning side is more likely to have better organized attacks/defenses, and morel likely to have out right camps at FBs/ABs. As well as playing more fundamentally sound like covering each other. That doesn't mean that a crusader should have a positive k/d against tigers by the end of the campaign but a Sherm76 and Tiger could go back in forth with who has a better k/d depending on which side is playing better.

last night in Kleve  johnnybone spawned a tiger to camp the spawn, i got out flanked him  and zooked him and the tiger went boom. he respawned came out out to the exact same spot and this time I sapped him and then he did it again and I sapped him again. I killed 3 out of the 4 tigers in Kleve in the space of 5 minutes. A 2c or 232 could have just as easily camped the spawn yet for some reason he repeatedly grabbed the tiger.  if people don't use the kit correctly its their own fault. 

Edited by foe2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, rabbit said:

It's not even "better organized," it's that with numbers, "mutual support" comes along for the ride. If one side is rolling, the stats from that camapign need to be compared with a similar roll campaign the other direction to the extent they matter at all.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dfire said:

At least if the pop is even, the not so great tankers can have a better chance by having some of the factors I listed above eliminated

Result? The one campaign of jwrona's matty madness stealing the #1 spot from canukplf. 

Totally true, the stats will always be skewed in an imbalanced campaign. I'd love if we could dig up stats from previous maps (alas we cannot, thanks CSR page) and dive into the data from maps where the Allies lost and see. I recall Camp 175 (or six?) when I watched a certain fellow spawn EVERY sherman A2 in the list to shoot dfire at 1600m from the AB in Hulst (i think? whatever the crap town is that links to the S of walsoorden). Expected to turn at a 90º angle out of the gate and sling this low-velocity bloody wondershot at the Tiger in its natual habitat. Then asked me for more armor supply. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jwrona said:

Result? The one campaign of jwrona's matty madness stealing the #1 spot from canukplf. 

Totally true, the stats will always be skewed in an imbalanced campaign. I'd love if we could dig up stats from previous maps (alas we cannot, thanks CSR page) and dive into the data from maps where the Allies lost and see. I recall Camp 175 (or six?) when I watched a certain fellow spawn EVERY sherman A2 in the list to shoot dfire at 1600m from the AB in Hulst (i think? whatever the crap town is that links to the S of walsoorden). Expected to turn at a 90º angle out of the gate and sling this low-velocity bloody wondershot at the Tiger in its natual habitat. Then asked me for more armor supply. 

38t > Matilda

8 hours ago, tater said:

Why do you have 4 tiers (not ww2ol tiers, the 4 colors) of armor there, then:

Why do you move a bunch of tanks down 1-2 notches (towards heavy?) for the US alone?

Vickies moving down to the second heaviest tanks from the lightest?

Daimler and Stuart moving down 1 as well.

I can't comment  on regular Sherm quality vs what it faces I don't tank much.

The coloring and shifting downwards is because of the timeline (tiers) they get introduced. so top one is starter tier ... tier 0. 2nd color is tier 1. then tier 2 ... but with no early access of those few Tigers for example

4 minutes ago, undercova said:

The coloring and shifting downwards is because of the timeline (tiers) they get introduced. so top one is starter tier ... tier 0. 2nd color is tier 1. then tier 2 ... but with no early access of those few Tigers for example

But tiers are explicitly in the table from left to right.

You seem to be saying that when the US uses a vickie it's a medium tank, and a Stug IIIB is a light tank. It makes no sense.

by shifting them in groups downwards you can easily see what tank is introduced next/new. who belong into the same tier. like "natural" counterparts

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tater said:

Um, nope. Poor data vis, sorry. Makes zero sense.

well ... for you ;)

• CORNERED RAT
3 hours ago, jwrona said:

I'd love if we could dig up stats from previous maps (alas we cannot, thanks CSR page) and dive into the data from maps where the Allies lost and see.

wonder where one could find referenceable sortie data..... for things like awards... from older campaigns... 

• Haha 1

http://www.wwiiequipment.com/pencalc/# do a quick experiment. Compare Sherm 75/76 to Tiger/StuG (I'll admit, it p'wns the 4g's, they arent meant to be durable tanks, sadly). Now compare the 3L's 50mm to the sherman....

M4A2 vs Tiger I
768.jpg

M4A3 (76) v. Tiger I
968.jpg

Now... Panzer 3L 50mm v. Sherman A3
435.jpg

Mind you Firefly is just a sherman hull with a bigger gun. Looks like the "good" allied tanks die to the "outdated" german ones just fine. Just maybe not frontal prayer shots. 

• Like 1