Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Tank brakes at neutral joystick. How do I fix this?

rmack

I have to hold my joystick forward a bit otherwise I'm applying a little braking.  This gets old after awhile.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

I came up with a custom keymap for just that reason. I'm not sure if it still works as intended but you are welcome to try it.

<control function="Center brake">
		<keyabsolute value="100.00" onrelease="0.00" index="10">
			<key>x</key>
		</keyabsolute>
		<keyabsolute value="100.00" index="10">
			<key>.</key>
		</keyabsolute>
	</control>

The X key applies brakes while pressed. The . (period) acts like a parking brake, press to apply, tap X to unstick it. Give it a try and shout. I'm curious if it still works. ;)

Sorry rmack, I completely misread the question. I believe default braking for vehicles is pulling back back on the joystick (-Y axis). Re-centering the joystick, or increasing the centered dead zone should fix that. I'm guessing you have figured this out already ...

I didn't care for joystick braking. I think I had trouble braking on a slope. Not having the game and my HOTAS setup, going off memory, I believe I opted to use the above keymap for vehicle braking instead. That keymap is in both my truck.cfml and tank.cfml files.

• 2 weeks later...

I had help from Panda to sort this out.  Turns out, I had to hold down the "-" key while programming the stick to steer tanks.  Go figure.