Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

.Fallback Initiated

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOMHey everyone, as we've been announcing through our communication channels the release of 1.36.9.0 was a pretty tall order and some things snuck through requiring us to fallback to 1.36.8.2 in an effort to regain stability over server and client performance. Worry not, we're going to take a short breather and then get right back to rolling out those features in smaller chunks so we can isolate features in a controlled manner. CRS always works to ensure we release solid updates and for a long time now things have been smooth. A lot has been learned and we appreciate your patience and understanding on all of this, and we apologize for its impact on you.

Campaign 182 will be restarted today at approximately 1:30PM Server Time (PST).

FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE (PC & Mac)

1. Manually uninstall version 1.36.9.0 (or any version of the game currently installed)
  2. Download version 1.36.8.2, downloads page here
  3. Install and standby for campaign launch

Steam downloads are still being worked on, standby for that solution.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=R__sYWGAhZA:mo8Dk9eoaxo:gIN9vFwOq eKII?i=R__sYWGAhZA:mo8Dk9eoaxo:V_sGLiPBp eKII?i=R__sYWGAhZA:mo8Dk9eoaxo:F7zBnMyn0
R__sYWGAhZA

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Sort of a pain, seems like it would be better to make a new dot version that is in fact the old version so it can just update itself.

• Haha 1

If we elect to do nothing, and not uninstall and reinstall the older version, will the patch process correctly update the current flawed install with the correct one in due course? Or do we have to do the un-install/reinstall of 136.8.2 in order for it to patch correctly going forwards? If it is ok just to wait for the fix, and nor bother with 136.8.2 in the interim, have you any rough guess as to when a fixed new patch will occur? Days? Weeks? Months?

Cheers, 

• Haha 3

For me (Mac) uninstall was "drag ww2ol to trash."

So it was not hard, but it seems like the only thing to prevent a normal update would be that the updater probably doesn't like installing a version with an older date, hence my suggestion that they just clone the old version with a new creation date, then let the updater do its thing. <shrug> Maybe that doesn't work.

• CORNERED RAT
On 4/24/2021 at 6:28 PM, delems said:

Where is our first fast patch?

coming