Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Diest AI AAA

Devildrivr

Devildrivr

Please fix the Allied AI AAA at Diest, extremely over accurate, if this was put into place to counteract the damage of HE flight ammo, which has now been taken out of the game due to patch roll back, please do the same for the AI AAA accuracy and damage. Any flight at high speed near Diest results in instant damage/destruction.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users

Aaa is aaa... no difference between sides or models. Only the intensity and distance changes between small medium and large. (That I am aware of )

• 2 weeks later...
Devildrivr

Now that the HE fix has been implemented. Is it possible to have the accuracy of all AI AAA reduced?   Considering the destructive increase that all manually operated AAA now have, a reduction of accuracy of AI AAA would ensure a better game experience for personnel piloting A/C on both sides of the war.  While it is also encouraged that Air folks and Ground folks continue to communicate to help destroy ground based AI AAA. With that said, it is my opinion as well as others that fly, that the game play experience  in the air has been significantly reduced primarily because of the AI AAA one shot kills to a/c that fly at high speed over a town with AI based AAA.  I am not suggesting the reduction of accuracy for over more protected areas such as Airfields or major cities only for towns.

• Thanks 1

• Registered Users

I have no  control over accuracy.. some form of programming involved there. The only thing I can adjust is whether it is small medium or large . I'll check it out though. 

I'll join this bandwagon....

What is all the heavy flak doing in all these rando towns? The MG AAA kills my little noob planes enough! lol.

• Sad 1

• Registered Users

I have no idea.. aa ai was in towns long before I started . Changing it is not on my agenda or schedule atm. 

The way i see it , our aa ai couldn't do jack to allied ac ,, seem like welcome mat for allied  first pass then it woke up after first pass , ppff , nice try

AF is more deadly then any town we got ,, so why not put 100 aa each town so it the only way can kill one hurricane and ufo bomber lol , i am not joking 

• Like 1

Being how there is 10x the aircraft in game then is reasonable.

All AA AI should stay - and actually, every town should have 2 AA AI at least imo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...

For the love of this Game ,Please fix the AI accuracy!!!!   I should not be shot down by AI when dropping below a heavy dark cloud layer over Le chesney while going 500kph in a 109 only to be killed by 2 plinks by Enemy force AI,  Since the 20mm fix to this game a few months back it has increased the kill factor of all AI,, completely ruins the Air game in my opinion,, please dumb down the AI accuracy or lethality of the rounds for AI AAA...    So frustrating!

• CORNERED RAT

Sorry sir, but we have been repeatedly assured that the AI (paraphrasing) "cant hit shit", or "Never hits the enemy", or some variation thereof. 

4 hours ago, devildrivr said:

For the love of this Game ,Please fix the AI accuracy!!!!   I should not be shot down by AI when dropping below a heavy dark cloud layer over Le chesney while going 500kph in a 109 only to be killed by 2 plinks by Enemy force AI,  Since the 20mm fix to this game a few months back it has increased the kill factor of all AI,, completely ruins the Air game in my opinion,, please dumb down the AI accuracy or lethality of the rounds for AI AAA...    So frustrating!

i think ive never seen an allied plane getting shot down by AI AA in Diest so far ... in all these years ... not even a Blenheim ...

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2021 at 1:24 PM, devildrivr said:

Now that the HE fix has been implemented. Is it possible to have the accuracy of all AI AAA reduced?   Considering the destructive increase that all manually operated AAA now have, a reduction of accuracy of AI AAA would ensure a better game experience for personnel piloting A/C on both sides of the war.  While it is also encouraged that Air folks and Ground folks continue to communicate to help destroy ground based AI AAA. With that said, it is my opinion as well as others that fly, that the game play experience  in the air has been significantly reduced primarily because of the AI AAA one shot kills to a/c that fly at high speed over a town with AI based AAA.  I am not suggesting the reduction of accuracy for over more protected areas such as Airfields or major cities only for towns.

We've been told many times over the years that the few AI AA units represent the large number of AA units that would surround valuable military / economic / transportation targets, and AI AA's accuracy is a highly condensed representation of the aggregate lethality of such large numbers of individual AA.

If one player AA unit has X% likelihood of achieving at least one hit, and an economic-target locale would be defended by 25 AA units so that's what that locale's one AI AA represents, then that AI AA should have 25x the hit likelihood of a player AA unit.

OTOH, we do know that WWII AA gunsights were much more lethal if the gunner knew, or guessed, the location of the target two seconds in the future. So, maybe the target hit likelihood should be dynamically inversely proportional to how long since that plane significantly jinked i.e. made an unpredictable move. Hold a course without making a high G maneuver for longer than a second and a half, and the AA has a much greater chance of getting you.

3 hours ago, undercova said:

i think ive never seen an allied plane getting shot down by AI AA in Diest so far ... in all these years ... not even a Blenheim ...

Clearly AI is biased by CRS from the get-go. Yeah, sell that myth! Repeat it every chance you get as a sure way to ”motivate” your fellow players - to what exactly?

AI is dumb. He is side-impartial. He is however partial to folks who fly easy straight lines in comfortable range. Small jinks and jukes won’t help.

It’s extremely easy to avoid AI if you know how, other than staying the expletive away from towns like pilots historically tend to do when they only have one life to live. Just keep your lift vector above a certain amount of G and your curve will be always mystifying to ole Otto. Fly straight and die. Simple.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BMBM said:

Clearly AI is biased by CRS from the get-go. Yeah, sell that myth! Repeat it every chance you get as a sure way to ”motivate” your fellow players - to what exactly?

AI is dumb. He is side-impartial. He is however partial to folks who fly easy straight lines in comfortable range. Small jinks and jukes won’t help.

It’s extremely easy to avoid AI if you know how, other than staying the expletive away from towns like pilots historically tend to do when they only have one life to live. Just keep your lift vector above a certain amount of G and your curve will be always mystifying to ole Otto. Fly straight and die. Simple.

You guys get reports from axis players about strange things happening ... about bugs ... but mostly you (CRS) say .. NOPE THAT CAN'T BE ! for weeks ... months ... years.

Some players even work on these reports or testing for hours / days on Training Server ... they test all kind of circumstances ... events ... settings ...  they upload videos. Just to end up with the same answer ... most of the time.

OTOH, we do know that WWII AA gunsights were much more lethal if the gunner knew, or guessed, the location of the target two seconds in the future. So, maybe the target hit likelihood should be dynamically inversely proportional to how long since that plane significantly jinked i.e. made an unpredictable move. Hold a course without making a high G maneuver for longer than a second and a half, and the AA has a much greater chance of getting you.

Just keep your lift vector above a certain amount of G and your curve will be always mystifying to ole Otto. Fly straight and die.

Huh. Already in the programming. I've been here since the early days and hadn't known that.

Of course, I don't fly...but I don't recall ever seeing it described as such by old/new CRS.

3 hours ago, undercova said:

You guys get reports from axis players about strange things happening ... about bugs ... but mostly you (CRS) say .. NOPE THAT CAN'T BE ! for weeks ... months ... years.

Some players even work on these reports or testing for hours / days on Training Server ... they test all kind of circumstances ... events ... settings ...  they upload videos. Just to end up with the same answer ... most of the time.

So you think there’s one bad code for axis ai and one good code for allied ai. Hate to break it to you but they share the same code. There is no bias, it’s universally inept. 

3 hours ago, jwilly said:

Huh. Already in the programming. I've been here since the early days and hadn't known that.

Of course, I don't fly...but I don't recall ever seeing it described as such by old/new CRS.

The longer you stick to a straight course the higher the probability that Otto will whack you. Just like live gunners. Live gunners are also easily defeated by the same move. E.g . when coming down to strafe or bomb, don’t fly a straight line down his muzzle (supposing he’s looking at you) as that presents an easy target with little rate through the sight. Instead, fly a curve well below that line and only pick up in straight pursuit to do the deed during the last few seconds while in perfect bombing/strafing range. Gets them every time. Throw in a sizeable lateral element as well and it becomes a magnitude harder for the gunner.

1 hour ago, BMBM said:

So you think there’s one bad code for axis ai and one good code for allied ai. Hate to break it to you but they share the same code. There is no bias, it’s universally inept. 

I sure think you guys have something coded to my name tag ,lol . 

No matter what uniform I have on , AI either waits till I run in front of it ( one time 5 guys ran past it, I waited on purpose just to test it, AI sat still , I peeked out and Bamm screen went black and I'm dead)or if I have a plane on my 6 it won't open up till we are both past the town that is on my side ( I can't be that unlucky that I pick towns behind the lines with the AAA AI always down .

Remember I said no matter what uniform I have on.

• 1 month later...

If CRS is reluctant to reduce AAA AI accuracy, then is it possible to have the ability to repair said AI put on a longer timer then an Engineer having the ability to instantly turn it on after it has been painstakingly taken down.  Has very little to none historical value either having it instantly reappear by Midas touch.  Would take time for a real gun to be replaced, so please put a timer on. and Man up and spawn a AAA gun of your own.

49 minutes ago, devildrivr said:

If CRS is reluctant to reduce AAA AI accuracy, then is it possible to have the ability to repair said AI put on a longer timer then an Engineer having the ability to instantly turn it on after it has been painstakingly taken down.  Has very little to none historical value either having it instantly reappear by Midas touch.  Would take time for a real gun to be replaced, so please put a timer on. and Man up and spawn a AAA gun of your own.

I would thats a fair request.  Just put repairs any engineers do to certain objects on a timer.  So for example......engineer fixes AI pit......5 min delay till its up.  something like that.

• Like 1

• Registered Users

Then we would get all sorts of complaints that ai is not repairing .. No one would know what ai is up or down . It would just miraculously re-appear at some later time . 

That would be extremely confusing . 

Just my opinion . 

Should be noted, some towns are definitely stronger than others. For example, the Sedan AA AI is one of the most potent in the game.

• Registered Users

There are different levels of ai.. light med and heavy. Not sure what is in Sedan atm but you cant really compare towns. Also the number differs in each town . Pretty much all was in game before I started adjusting things and I tend to leave them alone.  

Also just because one type of ai was changed or removed does not mean it's a bug..   a few towns now have ai where before they didnt etc.. 

1 hour ago, TR6AL said:

Not sure what is in Sedan atm bug you csnt really compare towns.

You most certainly can if you've experienced it enough. Sedan is one of those towns more reliable at saving your bacon than some of the best wingmen. Just the way it is, for whatever reason that may be.