Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Game will not start

gagsy

For some reason when I click on the exe file the gam gets as far as the press play for the campaign and the loading screen shows but then it crashes to desktop. I've not had this problem before but now even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled it just will not start. I suspect something is blocking it but I can't find the problem any help would be much appreciated.

39 minutes ago, gagsy said:

For some reason when I click on the exe file the gam gets as far as the press play for the campaign and the loading screen shows but then it crashes to desktop. I've not had this problem before but now even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled it just will not start. I suspect something is blocking it but I can't find the problem any help would be much appreciated.

Reboot your PC

Helped me with my problem i had some days ago

Thanks for the reply mate but its all fine now. I'd plugged in my CH rudder pedals to use in microsoft flightsim and for some reason that was the cause as soon as I unplugged the pedals WW2ol worked again.

22 hours ago, gagsy said:

Thanks for the reply mate but its all fine now. I'd plugged in my CH rudder pedals to use in microsoft flightsim and for some reason that was the cause as soon as I unplugged the pedals WW2ol worked again.

That really doesn't make any sense. Did you try plugging them into a different USB port? Do you have the drivers installed? It kind of sounds like maybe you have a key mapped to the pedals, or something to do with mapping, thats interfering with your game Loading.

On 6/3/2021 at 2:12 PM, gagsy said:

Curious. I have a Mac M1 mini and none of my USB CH products controls work with the  game although they work fine in other [Mac] apps.

It gets stranger than that although with my rudder pedals connected MSFS2020 worked fine Neither P3Dv4 nor P3Dv5 would start so the problem was not just confined to wW2OL.