Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Step Forward Pfmosquito and Greentag01

sideout

AEFlogo.gif

Gentlemen,

Not only did it take guts to do what you did today, it also took skill! Both of you managed to cross over to the East side of Sedan, and cap not only the Docks, but also the spawnable, which led to Allied forces re-capturing Sedan!

For the bravery shown under these dire circumstances, you are each awarded the Croix de Guerre, in bronze!

Bronze-Croix-du-Guerre-Ribbon-2.gif

CROIX-DE-GUERRE-BRONZE.png

For the skill at capping these facilities, you are each awarded the Infantrymans ribbon as well!

7-Bronze-Infantry-Medal.gif

Well done!

Rabbit

CinC Allied Forces

/by direction

side

Aw shucks, I just saw this.  I'm blushing.

Now I gotta tell you the story, at least from my POV.  Greentag (I think) ran the fms to the east side which must have been a chore in itself.  I spawned in while the fms was 1.5k away and began working my way up the NE ridge.  Meanwhile, the fms was moved more to the SE of the EAB, which meant the Axis was looking more in that direction than in mine.  I entered the city near the church as I reasoned that the montmedy cp would be the one least likely to be defended.

I approached gingerly, using the cover of the airplanes above to cover my steps.  Inspecting the CP from the outside from different angles and elevations I could find no guards.  Some EI was on top of the Mont depot sniping across the river.  Finally, I crawled in.  Literally crawled.

I got the CP to about 50% when I heard EI footsteps.  I ran into him in the doorway and bayonetted him.  After this, I fled to the nearby buildings.  I capped another guard, but then stealthed my way around the other buildings for what seemed a long time.  I'm a little surprised they stopped hunting for me, to tell you the truth.  I finally crept back to within visual of the CP, where I found I had a clear shot at the EI guard.  Knowing that Sedan could still be saved if I exercised some discipline, I stayed my hand.  It took a long time again, but finally he got bored and left.  The EI sniper on top of the depot was still taking shots at people across the river. 

I didn't waste time.  I once again crawled in under the sound of EA above and tucked my way into a corner of the cp, being mindful to make sure I could not be observed easily from any of the cracks.  An EI did jump in as the CP timer hit 95%-99% but it was too late.

I'm glad I got the CP and we did put a dent in their morale, but I had to take a break then and we were having trouble holding our east side cps.  I was glad to see later that we had held the town.

I dedicate this award to my ninja ancestors, who made it possible.

This was the sortie in question, I believe: 

https://csr.wwiionline.com/playersortie.php?username=pfmosquito&sortieidin=1456529