Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

How do planes repair in air?

sxchuck

I hit this 190 several times and at least twice he was able to stop leaking fuel and then just fly away.  Look at my video.  This has been happening on numerous occasions.  And several times the guy just turns around and one shot kills me.  This happens way too much to chalk up to bad shot, unlucky or bad flying.  The damage model is tilted way too far to the other side.

Provided my ancient knowledge of the game isn't out of date --- what you're seeing is the perforated self-sealing material expanding and plugging the petrol leak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2021 at 8:20 AM, greyman said:

Provided my ancient knowledge of the game isn't out of date --- what you're seeing is the perforated self-sealing material expanding and plugging the petrol leak.

Quite some planes got self sealing fuel tanks. And on the other hand, planes stop leaking fluids if said fluids have all leaked away. If said fluid is oil, the engine will work a few minutes after that has happened.

• Like 1

I hate fighting 190s it takes so much effort to kill one. But sicness and panda1k makes it look too easy though.

edit: I'm still curious as to why the 190s either only explode fully or get pk'd. The only times ive seen parts fall of is when I explode near the ground and I can see them fly off into all directions.

Yes I know they're meant to be sturdy but are they truly that sturdy?

Edited by hazziewaz

59 minutes ago, hazziewaz said:

I hate fighting 190s it takes so much effort to kill one. But sicness and panda1k makes it look too easy though.

edit: I'm still curious as to why the 190s either only explode fully or get pk'd. The only times ive seen parts fall of is when I explode near the ground and I can see them fly off into all directions.

Yes I know they're meant to be sturdy but are they truly that sturdy?

It is fairly simple really.

1) no highly vulnerable radiators or water lines to hit

2) armor - a lot of it

pilfered from warthunder wiki

FW-190-A4

• 3 mm Steel - Fore engine cowling
  • 5 mm Steel - Secondary engine cowling
  • 6 mm Steel - Lower engine plate
  • 8 mm Steel - Lower cockpit/fuel tank plate
  • 5 mm Steel - Rear fuel tank plate
  • 6 mm Steel - Pilot seat back (first plate)
  • 8 mm Steel - Pilot seat back (second plate)
  • 12 mm Steel - Headrest
  • 57 mm Bulletproof glass
  • Self-sealing fuel tanks (1 underneath pilot's feet, 1 below and behind pilot)

Compared to a 109 which has the headrest, seatback, and windscreen armor but lacks the rest. Might not seem like much but do note the additional plates protecting the engine/pilot of the 190 that the 109 lacks.

3) the 190's roll rate makes it hard to hit.

Combine these and you get a plane with the ability to run away from all but the broken P38 and as it is running away you're shooting at the back of a lot of armor and do not have a radiator to hit.

The 190 was every bit as tough as the P-47 more so if you account for the lack of turbo plumbing. A single rifle bullet into that turbo plumbing and you've got a significant decrease in power. This toughness is why the Germans made heavy use of the 190 as a JABO platform.

Edited by madrebel
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile you're flying over hvyAI and don't get hit. That's a bug you should be reporting aswell.

@sxchuckGunnery needs work, your convergence is way too far out. As for the leaking, already been addressed but yes those were all fuel hits and 190 has self sealing tanks.

Edited by jester