Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

flying on a Mac

Kenq

I've played inf and armour for years, but lately got interested in trying out for the airforce. Flew with keyboard and mouse for a few weeks, but it's hard to lock on a target with no easy yaw control.

Bought a Logitech extreme 3D pro. When it works, it works very nicely. But just having it plugged in to my 2020 iMac 27" (OS X 12) gives me a spinning beach ball a few times per minute. Every time my game simply stops for 3 to 5 seconds. Usually when I'm just about to lock on to a target :)

I would love to know other players are using a joystick on a Mac. Nothing I have tried has fixed this problem. Yet I believe there are other players who somehow are managing to fly in game with a Mac and a joystick. Any help much appreciated!

Sorry, I haven't suffered from this problem. In my experience joysticks just work. Are you using a USB hub or plugged directly into the iMac? Do you have other processes running such as TimeMachine?

S!

plugged directly into the iMac. No other processes running.

What OS X are you using? and what joystick?

19 hours ago, Kenq said:

plugged directly into the iMac. No other processes running.

What OS X are you using? and what joystick?

I have an old USB CH Products joystick and it usually just works. Although sometimes I do have to unplug/plugin before opening the game to get the mac to accept inputs even though the device is listed. I do not get a spinning beachball. I did find this link to a response to question on Logitech support where Logitech support suggests that the Extreme Pro 3D will work on a USB 2.0 port but not USB 3.0/3.1.

Edited by dog3
fixing typos and added link