Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Campaign 185 Launched - Reinforcements are in!

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

OHMToday marks the beginning of Campaign 185 - Day 0! All Lt. Colonel's of WWII Online have received High Command access. If your tools are on the opposite side from the one you are playing, please e-mail agm@corneredrats.com and the Community Management team will work to quickly resolve this issue. More players having HC tools in-game improves the smooth transition of attack objectives, supply movement and directing troops to battle locations. Be sure to use these tools carefully and ask help in .hc channel. You will see more HC officers available in-game than we have seen in years now, login - THE WORLD IS NOW AT WAR!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=ixp0SNgM_c0:_6fwNRXVVO8:gIN9vFwOq eKII?i=ixp0SNgM_c0:_6fwNRXVVO8:V_sGLiPBp eKII?i=ixp0SNgM_c0:_6fwNRXVVO8:F7zBnMyn0
ixp0SNgM_c0

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

I thought the new 'HC' players (BC battle commanders) were rank Lt Col?
How come I'm seeing some Col rank too?  Oberst in German.

Isn't rank Col and above reserved for HC, not BC?

Edited by delems

• CORNERED RAT
21 hours ago, delems said:

I thought the new 'HC' players (BC battle commanders) were rank Lt Col?
How come I'm seeing some Col rank too?  Oberst in German.

Isn't rank Col and above reserved for HC, not BC?

The new HC players are LTC in rank in at least one persona.  You are seeing what happens to databases with multi-decade lifespans.  With over 20 years of life, there are some instances where processes did not fully execute, or instances of changes to process that didn't get retroactively applied, or some other random something (like ranks being re-adjusted).