Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

What? Hearing a Machine Gun?

thescipio

A couple months ago I was in as tank all alone at a FB... (it happened later a week or so after as an CE). I heard a slow staccato of a 'tat tat tat tat '. I even sent a message out saying that I am hearing a MG at the FB...

I sounds like a very loud slow firing MG.. No other noises like explosions, ricochets, plinks, whistles, whizzes.. nothing.

I hear it every so often and just ignore it as maybe a distant gun (but its right in my ear?)....

Anyways last night I sent both accounts to the lobby so I could hear and read guys walking me through creating missions and such.  Well I heard it again. No accounts were actually in game.  The exact same sound, rhythm, tempo etc...

I hear it with just my main account, both accounts, and now out of the game..

I don't hear it on the computer any other place.. like now in the forums.  So it is something while logged in the game.

Does not affect game play at all as far as I can tell. I have no idea how to recreate it as it just seems random. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, goreblimey said:

get a hearing test ? ..jk

Was on just a bit ago.. in Monty hanging out.  No one shooting, all quite and it happen again.. 'tat tat tat tat' .. like a slow loud bicycle chain operated mg.

I have also experienced what sounds like rusty hinges.. or scrapping of a door or lid... a real bass noise... tinny vibration, metallic kind of.

My game could be actually haunted.

And not since it's Halloween either..

• Registered Users

The game uses a lot of CPU, not that much is sent to the GPU. Possible you have a fan that's only noisy when running at max?

• Like 1

The rusty hinge noise is the sound made when a burnt out tank Hull sinks into the ground. 

Does the other sound match that of any vehicle in game? 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 1:49 PM, warspite said:

The rusty hinge noise is the sound made when a burnt out tank Hull sinks into the ground. 

Does the other sound match that of any vehicle in game? 

Thanks for the explanation for the 'rusty' noise, that makes sense.

The staccato noise seems to be random.. I can hear it bump in during a fire fight.. driving a tank.. standing still.. all alone someplace.. etc.. Doesn't matter what environment I'm in. It does sound very much like a weapon. When we were little we would but baseball cards on our bikes and it makes almost the same sound. (on another note.. those baseball cards from the late 60's - early 70's today would probably allow me to buy a house.. instead they got torn up in my spokes).

It happened just the other day.. I was doing something so I couldn't do a fast bug report just to have a record of it.  The one thing that was weird is when I was in the game.. both accounts open (my main and tow), (each on separate big screens..but .. came sound engine). I had both accounts despawned and in the the mission screen. I was chatting away (typing) to a few people about HC stuff, and it happened again. That was really weird.

I don't think I have ever heard it on my second account as I mostly have that setup with lower sound (as best as I can), so I don't get confusing sounds coming in from one 'toon' to the other.. Driving for example and hearing gun shots.. and looking at the other screen expecting my main sitting in a bunker being fired on.

So it might be a two account deal? Not sure.. I can't recreate it.  It is invasive enough to override other noises for a second or so.. maybe two at the most. I have sound coming in from both accounts at the same time.

OLDZEKE - My computer is pretty quite. Has a bunch of fans but has baffles, louvers, opening and closing vents that are barely perceptible. The only time I can hear a noise is when I'm doing junk on a specific (way old) hard-drive. Three are the spinning drives and the main one is a solid state drive.

The sound will either be routed to my headsets or through the receiver to sets of speakers and such.

It doesn't sound like static or interference... It's too rhythmic and short.

Thanks all!

A typewriter noise plays when you receive direct messages from other players, through .m <playername> <message>, and matches your description of the sound. I thought it was a machine gun too when I heard it first. There should be an orange/green icon next to the message itself in the chat window and you can reply either with .m as above, or with .r without having to type the sender's name.

• Like 1