Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Pz 3F gun extremely weak

undercova

Pak36 vs. Sherman

- 37mm round able to kill from flank up to 600-700m in engine area.

- 37mm round able to penetrate different other spots too at short/medium range

Panzer 3 F vs. Sherman

- 37mm rounds bounces at ANY range. even at 10m distance you are not able to penetrate a Sherman in any spot (engine / turret from all sides / back)

i remember how i was able to park and hide below a tree and let a Sherman pass me and then flame/kill him with 1-3 shots into flank. even up to 300-400m range. nowadays even at 10m it will not work

in the past ive also sneaked up on so many Shermans and killed them at short distance with 3f main gun

so what changed ?? and no ... no disappearing rounds. all rounds explode fine outside the armor

Is the DLC: Panzer 3F weaker than the normal Panzer 3F ??

Edited by undercova

37mm Kwk46 penetrates hull sides with ease at short range. If you hit the applique armor however the round will be defeated. It has insufficient punch to defeat the turret. The DLC variant fires the same round, no difference. There may be an issue with the rear hull however, requiring a more in depth investigation.

7 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Pak36 has better penetration, but not by much. 

The 3f's gun should be able to do the same things, but from slightly closer. 

Went to the training server to test it, here are the results: 

I have experienced in the past that live server and test server can behave completely different. even with just a few players in the area

17 minutes ago, undercova said:

I have experienced in the past that live server and test server can behave completely different. even with just a few players in the area

the code is the same. Explain how its different

6 hours ago, Kidd27 said:

trust me ... it is possible

at least hardware wise ... settings of server at all ... network settings ... packet loss ... ping .... and so on

7 hours ago, Kidd27 said:

Other people around the server needs to track more stuff , so FPS can vary on ones PC , there might be packet loss too .

I have noticed in training server between my 2 accounts I get different outcomes, then when I'm in Campaign server with more people around.

• Thanks 1

• Registered Users

In all truthfulness the German 37mm did end up with a reputation for being a "doorknocker" for a reason.

Cheers.

The best thing to do I found, is to write down a list of things you want to test and then do it during intermission. Since f2p has full access in intermission, you can test just about everything. Noone will mind if you have your main and second account logged into different sides in intermission in an inactive area of the map just doing testing. I do it every intermission. Then you can be on the live campaign server for the most accurate results. 

Some of my list of things to explore next intermission

-How to sap/zook 3N.. never works for me in the correct spot. The 4H works in the correct spot though. 

-Record and explore more with the "off" damage models of aa vs planes

-Test the 3L vs various allied armor. I never put in the time to see what its capable of.

-Test Fairmile B #3 gunner. The hit boxes always seem off.

-What, if any, panzers the P39 37mm cannon can kill

Edited by enervate