Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Holiday 2021 Release: Version 1.36.14.0

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

CHIMM

It's that time of year again - PATCH FEVER - Merry Christmas boys and girls! New vehicles, game play changes, fixes and a whole new look at WWII Online's snow are inbound tonight at 6PM Server Time (at which point we will activate the new snow for the remainder of December). This is one of the biggest patches of the year and it's loaded with goodies! Mark your calendars as Welcome Back Soldier" will be activated December 20th - 27th, be sure to pass the word and get those vets back in-game! Did you know they can enter right now with Free Play access? www.wwiionline.com/join

It's now time to find out what Santa Xoom and his Crafty Elves have been doing these last few months - so buckle-up and keep reading to see lots of great screenshots and game play changes!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=uhSETW6kob0:14Z5vh-kzAI:gIN9vFwOq eKII?i=uhSETW6kob0:14Z5vh-kzAI:V_sGLiPBp eKII?i=uhSETW6kob0:14Z5vh-kzAI:F7zBnMyn0

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

The weather effect (snow and ice) was really cool imo; obviously that’s been rolled back. I hear it’s because of instability for Steam players (possibly).

I don’t see any update about that here … so is it done? Will it be coming back? Just curious. Being able to play the game is certainly the most important thing … but the weather change provided some nice variety.

Gawd the snow was gorgeous.  When it abruptly went back to spring weather, it was jarring.  I get why, but damn.  It was glorious and beautiful while we had it.  Did I imagine things or was the sound adjusted for driving through the snow to give it that slight crunch effect of fresh snow?  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wish you'd bring the winter weather back for a while. I'm aware the plan was for it to only last to the end of December, but it was removed for about a week (iirc) due to glitching on Steam.