Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Leuven and 251 SPAT

Mosizlak

Leuven has a docks facility but no navy garrison, as of an hour ago. 

The 251 SPAT gun commander can't look forward ?  Am I missing something?  All I see when I zoom in is the gunshield. He has zero forward visibility. 

Leuven hasn't had navy garrison since it was introduced.  At least for Axis, I actually didn't notice if Allies do.

And his commander will look right into the gun shield

13 minutes ago, dwalin said:

Leuven hasn't had navy garrison since it was introduced.  At least for Axis, I actually didn't notice if Allies do.

And his commander will look right into the gun shield

Haven't noticed is Allies had navy there either.

Kinda wonky that the commander can't look forward. Hope this wasn't intentional. 

• Registered Users

Allies don't have Navy yet , both are same issue . Not sure about 251 if it is supposed to be like that . I have asked . 

• Thanks 1

Is it possible to add the ranging ability to the rear MG34 on the SPAT? There is no option to adjust the distance of the sights using PgUp and PgDn like the infantry lmg.

The sights fitted to the SdKfz 251C rear MG by default should be the AA ring set, not the ground sights.

Not relevant to the StuG, though.

• Like 2

• Registered Users

I can't give a good answer either other than the inf models and the way their gunsights work are different than guns gunsights in the vehicle positions, and the MG sighting on the HTs and stugG are not the same as the "inside the tank optics"  

On 12/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, vmanstein said:

Is it possible to add the ranging ability to the rear MG34 on the SPAT? There is no option to adjust the distance of the sights using PgUp and PgDn like the infantry lmg.

Actually the rear LMG mount on the SdKfz 251, and the Bren pintle mount that could be part of the non-Vickers UC model and the Lorraine 39L's three FM 24/29 mounts, all should be bare when the vehicle spawns. Only when an LMG infantryman (J)oins the vehicle should an LMG appear on the mount, with the LMG player operating it via multicrew.

Historically, none of those vehicles had an LMG on that mount as part of the vehicle. The squad/section riding in the vehicle provided that gun, and took it with them when they debarked.

Having the LMG integrated into the SdKfz 251 was a development opportunity missed.

Edited by jwilly

2 hours ago, TEX64 said:

We do not currently have the ability for poly-crewing on vehicles.

the mg on the stug3g, isnt it considered a polycrewing feature?

• Registered Users

@berzerkr

mutli-crewing is different from polycrewing.  Multi-crewing is where a teammate joins at the inception of the mission.  Poly-crewing is a teammate joining a mission while enroute to combat or engaged in combat.  Completely different. :)

26 minutes ago, TEX64 said:

@berzerkr

mutli-crewing is different from polycrewing.  Multi-crewing is where a teammate joins at the inception of the mission.  Poly-crewing is a teammate joining a mission while enroute to combat or engaged in combat.  Completely different. :)

ohh ok yeah i know it was being able to switch the same crew with another player and infantry equipping an mg placement but not spawning in a live vehicle.

thought the stug3 mg was sort of set up like a mg placement

2 hours ago, TEX64 said:

Multi-crewing is where a teammate joins at the inception of the mission.  Poly-crewing is a teammate joining a mission while enroute to combat or engaged in combat.

Old CRS's definitions were different: multicrewing was the then-existing code, allowing a single player to take a pre-defined second role in a vehicle/aircraft/ship/boat using the existing limited-function code for that purpose. Polycrewing was a future replacement for the multicrewing code, in which two or more players could share a vehicle/aircraft/ship/boat, possibly but not necessarily via join-under-way/join-in-flight. There were various discussions about the vehicle/aircraft/ship/boat having more defined positions than there were player-slots, with the person that spawned the vehicle having a fixed association with the Captain/vehicle commander role, and any other player associated with that vehicle being able to switch from their current position to any vacant position.

20 hours ago, jwilly said:

Actually the rear LMG mount on the SdKfz 251, and the Bren pintle mount that could be part of the non-Vickers UC model and the Lorraine 39L's three FM 24/29 mounts, all should be bare when the vehicle spawns. Only when an LMG infantryman (J)oins the vehicle should an LMG appear on the mount, with the LMG player operating it via multicrew.

Historically, none of those vehicles had an LMG on that mount as part of the vehicle. The squad/section riding in the vehicle provided that gun, and took it with them when they debarked.

Having the LMG integrated into the SdKfz 251 was a development opportunity missed.

Interesting line of thought. The same could be done for the 2" mortar on the UC. there'd need to be a mechanism to prevent more than one weapon being on the pintle mount at a time, obviously. I'd be interested to know if the early variants with the Boyes ATR were quickly dismountable/firable from the bow gunner's position in the same fashion as the bow gunner's bren could be dismounted or fired from that position.

• Haha 1