Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Immortal UC gunner

nsce

I was just going to make a thread about this. It happened to me yesterday. Hit him three times with a sniper rifle from under a 100 yards. He kept firing. I was able to move right up next to the carrier and shot him twice in the head, but he still kept firing. Same thing happened with the hull MG gunner. I was actually close enough I had to aim the rifle down to hit the hull gunner and driver. The hit box needs to be checked on all three occupants.  

So if we all know this to be true and people are using it specifically because they know it can't be killed to camp FMS's, how is that not an exploit?

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, dwalin said:

So if we all know this to be true and people are using it specifically because they know it can't be killed to camp FMS's, how is that not an exploit?

Definitely an exploit. Should be removed from the game until it can be fixed.

30 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Definitely an exploit. Should be removed from the game until it can be fixed.

Absolutely it should be.  It should be taken out immediately. 

• CORNERED RAT

Hey everyone. This issue has been ticketed and is receiving priority attention. Based on our findings and turn around time, we will make a decision as to whether or not to pull from supply. If we believe it will be a period of time that is beyond reasonable, it will be temporarily disabled and the standard UC (Non-MMG variant) will receive the extra available supply until such time we can get the fixes in position and restore this.

Thanks for your feedback and patience, we'll report back soon as we are diving deep into the resolution side of things now. (Please have some grace with consideration that most folks are still on holiday and therefore it moves a tad slower atm.)

• Like 1

• Registered Users

Even without the bug, this weapon is a big beast. Amazing arc of fire, good zoom level, long lasting belts, hard to spot.

Today I got 18 kills in one sortie, shooting the rabits from 300 meters away on the top of a hill.

1 hour ago, dwalin said:

Absolutely it should be.  It should be taken out immediately. 

should be ... but won't happen ... as XOOM stated and ZEEBEE even plays that unit although he knows about that game breaking bug ...

clap.gif

think about an axis vehicle / gunner being immortal ?? instant server down !!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Hey everyone. This issue has been ticketed and is receiving priority attention. Based on our findings and turn around time, we will make a decision as to whether or not to pull from supply. If we believe it will be a period of time that is beyond reasonable, it will be temporarily disabled and the standard UC (Non-MMG variant) will receive the extra available supply until such time we can get the fixes in position and restore this.

Thanks for your feedback and patience, we'll report back soon as we are diving deep into the resolution side of things now. (Please have some grace with consideration that most folks are still on holiday and therefore it moves a tad slower atm.)

Thanks for the update XOOM.  I'm concerned because it is actually affecting game play.  We almost couldn't take that FB because we couldn't kill him and he just kept mowing us down.  Now with that said, I will admit I am a bit concerned that, even though this is a known bug and everything, members of CRS are actively spawning it and using it in game knowing it can't be killed.......

• Like 1

• Registered Users
6 minutes ago, undercova said:

should be ... but won't happen ... as XOOM stated and ZEEBEE even plays that unit although he knows about that game breaking bug ...

clap.gif

The crew can be killed, I was killed 2 times over 3 sorties. 

• CORNERED RAT
13 minutes ago, undercova said:

I can appreciate your frustration here, and the loyalty to your side, but please don't mislead people by speaking falsely. Really don't appreciate that. I have provided an adequate and timely response and have mobilized our team internally to review. I have even made a commitment to handle it as soon as I get all the facts confirmed.

• CORNERED RAT
5 minutes ago, berzerkr said:

the 2x zoom give to the 251 please!!!!!!!

I will add it to the list of things to do, I see no logical reason as to why this isn't available to the 251. Please allow for sometime for this to take place. S! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

The crew can be killed, I was killed 2 times over 3 sorties. 

You can kill the crew members that are inside the half-track, you're right on that. But you can't kill the Gunner who is standing above the half-track. We even put a satchel charge on him and he still didn't die. That's the concern. Because with the way he's visually modeled, I should be able to snipe him from a little ways away to clear a camp or something like that. But instead, I can't get close to him to kill the crew members that are inside the half-track. And even if I do kill the crew members in the half-track, if his gun is still facing the mobile spawn, he's still going to keep camping us. That's my concern

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZEBBEEE said:

Even without the bug, this weapon is a big beast. Amazing arc of fire, good zoom level, long lasting belts, hard to spot.

Today I got 18 kills in one sortie, shooting the rabits from 300 meters away on the top of a hill.

I'm confused so you know it's bugged and then as a member of the higher echelon you use it to kill the common player, and then you guys wonder why players have issues?

I have said it before you guys are your worst enemy , I know you don't want to to hear it but if you guys ( CRS) use a item that has a known bug and it does effect the game play it should be pulled till the hot fix is ready .

Cause the normal player will not just shrug their shoulder and go ohhh well  I just got killed by a unit that has a known bug and look a Rat was manning it, just saying.

Edited by Dre21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, XOOM said:

I can appreciate your frustration here, and the loyalty to your side, but please don't mislead people by speaking falsely. Really don't appreciate that. I have provided an adequate and timely response and have mobilized our team internally to review. I have even made a commitment to handle it as soon as I get all the facts confirmed.

sorry but when i read about all the new bugs about new equipment i start to think what your QA team is doing before release ?!?!

Intense testing before rolling out a new unit should be priority #1 ! this includes testing all crew members ... different events / situations ... kill ... death ... moving ... spawning ... reloading ... placing fru ... and so on

This bug and others like the 251 APC gunshield blocking commanders view could have been easily spotted and fixed way before publish => less stress => less annoyed customers => stable subscription level

oh ... and did i forget the bug where allies were able to spawn HTs at CPs ? lol

Edited by undercova
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• CORNERED RAT
25 minutes ago, undercova said:

sorry but when i read about all the new bugs about new equipment i start to think what your QA team is doing before release ?!?!

Intense testing before rolling out a new unit should be priority #1 ! this includes testing all crew members ... different events / situations ... kill ... death ... moving ... spawning ... reloading ... placing fru ... and so on

This bug and others like the 251 APC gunshield blocking commanders view could have been easily spotted and fixed way before publish => less stress => less annoyed customers => stable subscription level

oh ... and did i forget the bug where allies were able to spawn HTs at CPs ? lol

Our QA team does a great job, sometimes things are missed. In this case a couple of things were missed during an intensive test cycle. It happens.

We completed a record turn around hot fix which resolved many issues including the ones you referenced here.

Is it your continued prerogative to stir the pot or to absorb the information provided and consider for a moment, that CRS is trying to do their best? We're here answering questions, put the dagger down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• CORNERED RAT
43 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

I'm confused so you know it's bugged and then as a member of the higher echelon you use it to kill the common player, and then you guys wonder why players have issues?

I have said it before you guys are your worst enemy , I know you don't want to to hear it but if you guys ( CRS) use a item that has a known bug and it does effect the game play it should be pulled till the hot fix is ready .

Cause the normal player will not just shrug their shoulder and go ohhh well  I just got killed by a unit that has a known bug and look a Rat was manning it, just saying.

I have requested our team to not use these temporarily as we begin that investigation. I know you want it pulled immediately, but for a moment please consider the process of validation as a prerequisite to how decisions take place and that we reciprocate in this manner accordingly to each side. At the end of the day our continued mission at CRS is to serve the WWII Online Playerbase as a whole, not just one side.

• Haha 2

• CORNERED RAT

I will report back with our findings at a later time, meanwhile all that's needed to be said has been. 

• XOOM locked this topic