Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

P38, P39 series, H81 engine noise

Mosizlak

Those plane's engine noise is about 1/4th of every other plane in the game.  Why? 

You can't hear them from the ground until they start shooting or are 300m away. 

Been .bug reported about 5000 times, made threads about it, etc. No responses. 

Is this even known? I hardly can believe it's not known...,

3 planes that are rarely used en masse especially for attacking an FB. Switch sides and come listen to the Jets when they decide to hit an FB, you'll be surprised.

my new campaign is 'FIX THE 50's'

Nice start to the new year Mo. 

4 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Those plane's engine noise is about 1/4th of every other plane in the game.  Why? 

100% this.  They are damn near silent when attacking FBs.   I can hear a truck almost a kilometer away more than I could hear a P-40 over the FB I was at yesterday (I know this because I did it yesterday).  I know we have bug reported it a ton.  Just wondering what the situation is with them.

• Thanks 1

Can you post a video comparing sound levels in comparable fly by situations? I could assist anyone in doing this at the upcoming weekend on the training server if needed.

Edited by vanapo

If there's a historical reason they were quieter, so be it, but I'd like to hear why or see the evidence.   Not just crickets lol. 

17 minutes ago, SicnesS said:

Make the p38 as loud as you want just fix the frikin 50's my gawd 

Make your own friggin thread then. 

Use your brain. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SicnesS said:

Shouldnt you atleast invest in the game before you just cry bout it?

Everyone who plays the game has the ability to be concerned about the bugs in the game, not just those who pay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And for sure CRS welcomes bug reports from everyone, irrespective of their paying-customer status.

It's probably a little more complicated in regard to what prioritizations CRS assigns to those bugs...obviously CRS needs FTP players to maintain gameplay critical mass and to provide a means for players to be convinced that the game deserves their subscriptions, but CRS survives economically by having enough subscription revenue to pay the immediate bills. So maybe they have to judge which bugs are most important to the greatest number of subscribers. But, probably that's not different from what matters to FTP players.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

I made a thread on this and last status was "under review" (ignore the overcomplicated mechanical speak, this bug ain't nearly that deep)

Edited by jester
Corrected Link
  • Thanks 1