Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Pak36 push speed slower

undercova

• CORNERED RAT

The hotfix for the pak36 push speed will be out soon but not before the campaign starts tomorrow.  

19 hours ago, lovewing said:

ATG had audit before? Lol what all was changed?

Maybe due to slightly different dimensions but all ATG except the very big ones (the 3rd level ATGs) can fit effortlessly through doors except for 37mm pak

There was as far as I can tell a completely undocumented change to the pak 36 a number of months ago because I pushed one to the top of a building, and then shot down someone flying a H75, might've been a builder lol

Shortly after that apparently a GM or some other staff member, whoever it was they very rudely demanded via PM to know how I got the pak 36 to the top of the building. But anyway I explained to them how their game works, how because gravity in ww2online is calculated as a constant force rather than an acceleration I was able to push the gun up there. Since then, the pak 36 can't push over any obstacle hardly, let alone pushed to the top of a building.

That is just how I know that someone looked at the pak 36. So regardless of what anyone says, someone messed with the model awhile ago. The behavior you recorded in your video is not new, it is something deliberately put into the game which has affected the pak 36 and I think all ATGs for over a decade. If you ever tried to deploy an ATG inside one of the residential town buildings (such as for a flanking position) it would bounce around violently making aimed shots impossible. The only difference now is that this behavior now affects the pak 36 while in the vehicle spawn, rather than just when deployed inside certain town buildings. So I'm going to guess:

• someone made changes to the pak 36's model

• they also decided to adjust the speed to something more realistic, but forgot that without a pass on all ATGs it would be a nerf

• intentionally or not they activated the deterrent behavior so that a pak 36 can't deploy properly in the vehicle spawn anymore, while others can

• collision model widened so that it can't fit through doors

The change was undocumented, but if you have old game versions you should be able to reinstall those and practice offline to test out the pak behavior; it wasn't that many versions ago.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Registered Users

1.36.14.0 (13 December 21)

Happy Holidays from the RATS! This release includes several Roadmap deliveries and additional features / bug fixes to help make WWII Online game play more enjoyable.

Features

- Adds the US Paratrooper: M1A1 Carbine

- Adds the US Soldier: M1 Carbine

- Adds the Universal Carrier

- Adds the M-3 Halftrack

- Adds the M-3 75mm Tank Destroyer

- Adds the Sdkfz 251/10 Ausf B

- Adds the Lorraine 37L APC

- Adds the Lorraine 37L Anti-Char

- Adds new crew art & UI image for SdKfz 251C

- 6 New Towns have been added to the map: Goes, Middelburg, Aumale, Schoonhoven, Neufchatel-en-Bray, Lignieres-Chatelain

- There is now a new canal between Veere and Vlissingen

- New cliffs at Dover

- New antenna cluster (NE Dover) [Home Chain]

- New river tile with template (SE Mechelen)

- New road/forest tiles (E Waterloo / NE La Roche)

- New Ketch model without collider for EWS (Whitstable)

- New Lighthouse prop (Dover and West of Breskens)

- Dragon's teeth added just east of Lier

- Destroyed Castle as prop (North of La Roche in the woods)

- Winter Trees

- Improved winter/snow textures

- Sandbags added to the towers of the Church and Chapel

- Steam and Mac clients will now see a TOS agreement before being able to play

- Reduces the AWS check frequency by 50% which should quicken the AWS response of planes crossing into a new AWS square

- Copyright year updated to 2022

Fixes

- Clipping issue at Abbeville Railway

- Clipping issue with CP Building secondary damage state

- Several minor fixes to the Church and Chapel buildings

- Terrain around Hallschlag changed to suit actual terrain

- Fixed an issue that was preventing Mac users from adjusting their mouse sensitivity

- ATG/AAA Stabilization Audits: 2lber, Pak 36, Flak 30, Flak 38, Mle 38 and M5

- Corrected the R35's bad LOD

- Disabled all other language options until they are fixed

• Registered Users

And there will be additional passes on the atg/aaguns to correct issues as time allows.

1 hour ago, OLDZEKE said:

And there will be additional passes on the atg/aaguns to correct issues as time allows.

that "ATG/AAA Stabilization Audit" on Pak36 wasnt very helpful as it looks like. the Pak36 didnt get more stable ... more like the opposite as we can see in all the videos

• Thanks 1

Thanks both of you guys for the info.

David, funny you mention that the PaK used to be bouncy indoors. I was testing the pak and decided to make a meme video in a CP and noticed the pak didn't bounce at all inside the CP, it did however move very slow once I got it indoors.

Have not read all of this ... but fwiw the 2ldr roll speed has been neutered as well. Annoying.

But then again, there really isn't a scenario where this gun is viably operating without the assistance of a truck realistically .... from what i have seen. The guys dragging this gun to get hitched look like they are giving it their all.

Edited by choad

nerfing the push speed of light ATGs is just going to put more emphasis on using sappers and rocket infantry to destroy tanks instead of antitank guns, I guess that someone thought there was too much pak 36 use in game?

speaking of rocket infantry I can still hit targets like 800m out with the shreck

• Thanks 1

@TMAN do you happen to know if the flying bug is also covered under the hot patch or is it only for push speed?

We were attacking an air field and I found out what happens if you deploy it in a hangar

------------------------

Btw, @david060 your story gave me some inspiration to make this memorial pic while I was trying to push it up church tower again

nY57FTE.jpg

Edited by lovewing
added memorial pic inspired by david
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think it was part of the recent patch.

When it does get patched is it going to be as fast as the US light atg?

7 hours ago, lovewing said:

tbh ... I doubt it ...

8 hours ago, lovewing said:

sould at least me....

23 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

No push speed increase in the new patch , disappointing. 

But expected. 

• Like 1