Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

New Server Exploration & Operation Elephant

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Matt "Xoom" Callahan

For awhile we have been considering ideas on how to improve network communication between North America & Europe, the bulk of where our worldwide customer base is located. Today we're ecstatic to report that the next step in this exploration which will be in the form of an important live stress test coming this Saturday January 15th at 11AM Pacific Time (1PM Central, 2PM Eastern, 7PM GMT) on an all-new WWII Online server with uber specs located in New Jersey, USA. This marks our first step towards going to the cloud and it also acts as a perfect middle ground between the two continents and our in-house European testers have reported a rather significant drop in ping time. If this all works then we should see less lag reports and player deaths should synchronize more cleanly and quickly.

Remember, this is all exploration and the Oregon based servers will remain in position. Please continue reading for event details provided by TEX64 (Community Manager) and mark your calendars to attend, this is really important!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=3-9A0W4WZf4:PB_zbmjIGVg:gIN9vFwOq eKII?i=3-9A0W4WZf4:PB_zbmjIGVg:V_sGLiPBp eKII?i=3-9A0W4WZf4:PB_zbmjIGVg:F7zBnMyn0

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sudden said:

Everything gets sucked into New Jersey in the end.

Do you think that's why the code name is "Operation Elephant"? This thread has potential. 

• Registered Users

Looking forward to the Stress test tonight, quick question are you syncing the servers before hand, as Squads/members are out of whack.

• CORNERED RAT
On 1/15/2022 at 4:18 AM, Eddie05 said:

Looking forward to the Stress test tonight, quick question are you syncing the servers before hand, as Squads/members are out of whack.

When it comes time to deployment (if everything continues to go as smooth as it was during the test) yes we'll make sure all data is mirrored and correct. 

whatever you're doing its auto despawning me every minute, thats if I can actually log in or spawn in at all.

I'm in London FYI.

• 4 weeks later...

Could you possibly get a cheap VPS instance to host the installer binaries in europe maybe Hetzner or Leaseweb  or OHV?

Drop a simple reverse proxy config on it... The binary download speeds are horrific right now... :)