Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Opel leaning and driving to 1 side after spawning in

undercova

- Axis Aalter - Tielt FB

- spawn in an Opel

- Opel will instantly start to lean to the right side (as if he has a flat tire)

- Drive straight forward (even on road) and it will constantly turn to the right side

I had this happening in ABs / VEHs of AB and CPs all over the map. This is happening since the big patch before XMAS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Video

https://i.imgur.com/FknWwN7.mp4

i paused it and you can easily see how the vehicle is leaning towards the right side. as you can see the ground is flat where the vehicle spawned in. even happens in garage. on Training server and on Campaign server all the time now.

The vehicle acts like it is having a light flat tire and keeps turning to the right side. When you drive along a flat concrete road it will constantly drift to the right side

UmzusdJ.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

just had this happen to me and I remembered reading this thread before:

spawned in at damvillers ab veh spawn with opel, noticed my view seemed a little crooked. Ignored it, then noticed on the road that the opel was pulling to the right (as if tires were out of alignment in real life)

when I arrived to town, I asked if the front wheels looked weird and someone said they did so I took vid of exterior of opel. Front wheels are off ground it appears.

havent tried to reproduce yet, just wanted to see if anyone else has this experience with other wheeled vehicles. Has never happened to me with 232, maybe allied wheeled vehicles have had this prob? Or is it only related to opel?

Vid is 3 parts: some driving (when you see the wheel move it is just me tapping the LEFT turn key a few times, no other input. I am using keyboard so it isn't a bad joystick potentiometer etc.) then two videos of viewing vehicle from a third person)

Edited by lovewing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, lovewing said:

Have you noticed if it happens for every opel? I usually use APC for FMS, will start using opel more to check.

it does

• Thanks 1

Does it reduce top speed as well? I assume it does but I dont remember how fast opels used to be. I guess I can download an older client version and test. Will look to see if there are archived links to download older clients.

Edited by lovewing

2 hours ago, lovewing said:

Does it reduce top speed as well? I assume it does but I dont remember how fast opels used to be. I guess I can download an older client version and test. Will look to see if there are archived links to download older clients.

not afaik

but you constantly have to fix the direction of the truck ... when you want to run along a road. same for pak ... always steers to the right side a bit ... so you cant go afk because it keeps circling forever

Solid, quick response from CRS. 

This sort of issue that appears out of nowhere is something everyone needs to keep in mind when something is wrong, CRS included.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, blakeh said:

Opels lean to the right?

Does that mean Allied trucks lean to the left?

allies dont have that problem at all. just another axis only bug/problem :D

• Like 1