Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

OpenGL drivers may need to be updated

Jsilec

got a new vid card as my last card got fried and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times now and keep getting this message when i hit the launch button...any help appreciated

the card i put in is an H81M-P33 i run windows7 

16GB of DDR3 RAM (4 x 4GB)

1TB Hard Drive (7200rpm)

3.6GHz AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core

its an old computer i have updated my windows stuff best i can  

1 hour ago, OLDZEKE said:

H81M-P33  comes up as a MSI motherboard, not vid card?

Whats the difference i am very computer dumb?

fyi i replaced this card with that motherboard and my computer went from not working at all to all good except the game

https://www.pcworld.com/article/470158/amd_radeon_hd_7750_review_a_minimal_graphics_upgrade.html

Edited by Jsilec

A motherboard is what everything hooks into. Your CPU, your graphics card, your RAM. 

That did come up as a motherboard.  You need to check what graphics card you have. 

Hit control/alt/delete at the same time to bring your task manager. Then click on the performance tab. It should show you what CPU and GPU (graphics card) you have, plus what kind of RAM.

8 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

A motherboard is what everything hooks into. Your CPU, your graphics card, your RAM. 

That did come up as a motherboard.  You need to check what graphics card you have. 

Hit control/alt/delete at the same time to bring your task manager. Then click on the performance tab. It should show you what CPU and GPU (graphics card) you have, plus what kind of RAM.

Jesus its so weird because input that in the same spot that other card was in and it seems to have fixed alot of my problems….going to go checknit out thanks mo

AMD ATOMBIOS…so the old card that got fried was removed and the original standard card in my computer took over?…it says standard VGA Graphics Adapter and in properties it says something about the driver and 2006 yikes

Edited by Jsilec

So maybe the motherboard card goes elsewhere and i need a graphics card?…is that the same thing as a video card?

14 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

So maybe the motherboard card goes elsewhere and i need a graphics card?…is that the same thing as a video card?

normally, on most computers this game won't run without a video card separate from any motherboard/built in graphics. and yes graphics card = video card. but check with MO - he knows MOre. 

Who will win, Naruto Baryon mode or MUI Goku? - Quora

• Registered Users

Normally , onboard video graphics (built in to motherboard) are crap .. they are made to bare minimum specs  . Most motherboards have a slot to put in a much better video card so you can play games or use video intensive programs (digital art etc ).

Nvidia is the card most suited to play WWiionline .

Ati/Amd/Radeon cards will work but not as well . 

I would suggest you get someone who knows about computers to take a look at your pc and give you some advice . 

That processor is about 9 years old, but should still play this game decently.  You need a graphics card, but since your CPU is so old, you could probably get an old GPU to work fine for this game. 

Something like a GeForce GT 710 should work fine for that setup.  You can usually get them for under 100 bucks. 

I just replaced my old rig, I can probably send you my old card. Should work fine.  It's a gtx 960 but you need to see how big your power supply is.  You need 400-450 watt supply for gtx 960. 

• Registered Users
3 hours ago, Jsilec said:

Whats the difference i am very computer dumb?

fyi i replaced this card with that motherboard and my computer went from not working at all to all good except the game

https://www.pcworld.com/article/470158/amd_radeon_hd_7750_review_a_minimal_graphics_upgrade.html

That is a actual video card that installs on the motherboard and should be fine to load the game and run it I think. I've not kept up on amd/ati  but think that's within spects. 

• Registered Users

humm wonder if that 7750 needs extra power his old one did'nt need...As in has a power port that he needs a cable ran too?

• Registered Users

And it may be you just need update the drivers for that vid card. Win 7 supplied vid drivers did'nt run the game best I recall

• 2 weeks later...

Update

bought a GFX 750 ti graphics card and updated/downloaded all associated drivers and the game is up and running on low settings…i will test run higher settings and see how that goes but i think i might be back…fyi i saw on game tab u have windows 8 as min spec and i am running the game on windows 7 fyi