Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

3rd Person Multi-Fire bug - With Video Evidence

dfire

When you fire a single shot out of any auto gun, to others it sounds like you're firing 3 or 4 rounds off. I attached a video to show some examples. My first account is the one shooting the gun and the second account is the enemy tank. You can hear me shoot 1 round from the gun and then hear multiple shots on 3rd person. I'm personally not a fan of this bug because sometimes I fire semi auto with the BAR and STG to keep my shots/audio to a bare minimum to not reveal my position as easily. The bust-fire audio kind of negates this though.

This has been like this since I started using 2 accounts. Maybe 2005? 

Squeeze off 1 round with an auto weapon and 3rd person sounds like 3-4 rounds being fired. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

This has been like this since I started using 2 accounts. Maybe 2005? 

Squeeze off 1 round with an auto weapon and 3rd person sounds like 3-4 rounds being fired. 

Yeah it's been going on forever. I've never seen it reported til now

It looks like they have an audio track that has a minimum sound burst of 3 or 4 rounds.  Pull the trigger and it calls a subroutine that only allows sound for a 3 or 4 round burst, not per shot.  Seems like all the autos use the same subroutine so just need to make a change in one spot. (but i am not a programmer so it make be more complicated than that)

Would be interested to hear what sound you get if you fire 2 or 3 rounds.   Fire 3 single rounds in succession and see if you get an audio of a 12 round burst or 3 short 3 round bursts.

I have never encountered this but I rarely use two accounts at the same time.

This has been around for as long as I can remember, as far as my understanding goes, this is mainly due to animation sequence limitations. You are not just making automated fire sounds from single shots, you will also visually look like you are firing in bursts.