Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Tiger May Need a Quick Patch - Video

dfire

The other day when I posted a mission on my screen recorder some people were angry that I killed a tiger through his hatch that was parked next to a building. I tested this today with some random tanks during intermission. For allied, I tried the s75, s76, firefly, m10, and Achillies. The M10 and Achillies can be shot through the top, which is correct since it's an open top. The Stug 3G you can't kill anything except the commander on top of it. The Tiger though, you can kill explode it from the top with ONLY the BAR (might have something to do with the AP rounds),or fall into the tank and kill it with any gun (falling into it is probably clipping, so not legal, but just shows it's possible).

• Haha 1

The grenade thing into open topped vehicles has been know by them for years, probably since they came out.  Either the grenade flubbers out of the turret/open area or it drops right through the floor to explode harmlessly under the vehicle. 

I made videos of it years ago, think 2016?  Nothing going to get done about that. 

As for the AP thing, you're probably right. I used to kill stugs through the open commander's hatch with the boyes ATR. Only happened very rarely because of the situation/angle needed. I think I did it about 3-4x in all my years allied. 

14 hours ago, dfire said:

The other day when I posted a mission on my screen recorder some people were angry that I killed a tiger through his hatch that was parked next to a building. I tested this today with some random tanks during intermission. For allied, I tried the s75, s76, firefly, m10, and Achillies. The M10 and Achillies can be shot through the top, which is correct since it's an open top. The Stug 3G you can't kill anything except the commander on top of it. The Tiger though, you can kill explode it from the top with ONLY the BAR (might have something to do with the AP rounds),or fall into the tank and kill it with any gun (falling into it is probably clipping, so not legal, but just shows it's possible).

Interesting good job.

Edited by dm79