Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Axis Grenadier - Rifle Gren passes through infantry

lovewing

Training server

Fire RG at infantry,  passes through inf at all ranges. aka RG projectile does not have collision detection with inf models.

Excuse the poor vid quality + missing frames, im having to play with OBS since I have a new monitor that isn't native to 1080p, in game it is smooth, it is just the recording settings causing these issues.

---------------------

Also noticed oddities (not included in the above video) such as this case:

Park allied inf on the 2nd story landing of the exterior staircase of barracks.

From ground, aiming upwards, I impact RG  ~0.5m to left of them against exterior barrack wall. I get damaged despite being at ground level and further from RG impact than infantry yet they remain undamaged.

NOTE: didnt do enough testing to ensure lag wasnt an issue, just wondering if anyone else noticed issues like this

------

In regards to #2: Maybe I dont understand mechanics of RG in game. I wanted to ask before further testing and creating videos etc in case I am not understanding something.

Edited by lovewing
added vid/info
  • Like 1

I have done further testing on campaign server. Will do some more today on training and take video.

I notice that my issue #2 mentioned in OP can still be a problem even on direct hits.

For example, while standing at an elevated position and visually confirming that I landed the RG directly onto prone player did not kill them. It also occured a couple times last night during a few encounters.

When it works, it works well and is enjoyable to use though.

------

By the way, I realize the grenadier is a small part of the game and a low priority, I am primarily mentioning this problem in case it may help dev team decide against spending time creating US grenadier. It is why I did the test to begin with.

I see people ask for US grenadier and I believe it would be a very big mistake to squander time developing a new weapon system only for it to perform poorly at the moment. Time could be better spent on other equipment and would also reduce chance of disappointing players as well. A player that is excited to use a new weapon could be turned away by realizing it has spotty performance issues.

Only trying to help, not trying to be a douche

Edited by lovewing

• Registered Users

Just to let you know , 3rd person view isnt exactly what is happening wrt what it looks like. The person getting shot gets to see the correct situation. He can get killed and it might look like he was missed etc. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good to know, similar to how 3rd person viewing of other's tank tracers works?

In situation where the infantry is laying down prone and remained in place the entire time I had visual, I fired onto him and seen grenade land on him and also seen black mark decal, could you give more detail how what you are saying applies to it?

Would that effect any testing done where I have infantry client standing still in one location and then shooting around him on my second client whilst on training server?

I have noticed lag can have a huge impact on things, found out due to a bug OBS was causing on one of my clients -- initially assumed that lag was likely the primary issue when having issues on campaign.

Trying to understand all the variables so I have better control in testing thanks tr6

Edited by lovewing