Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Chinese

lovewing

Anything able to be done to help my new [censored] friend nbcnhw? He needs chinese. He tells me this multiple times daily. He translates my messages and responds to me. 

I told him to go on forums but it is blocked for him, I told him to use VPN and he said it was illegal.

There is no way to paste text into the game client is there? So I can give him some chinese?

He has DLC packs etc, I see him daily but not sure what to do to help him out.

RFMZ0lz.jpg

Or anyone here speak it? I remember a bug in 2011ish chinese text would display on screen, if it doesnt support the 'moon rune' alphabet maybe it supports the non-rune version of their alphabet to be able to type to him?

He used to be HC on his old server, alot of them miss the game and want to play it. Trying to figure out how to communicate best with him. Hoping its possible to copy/paste text somehow.

Edited by lovewing

3 hours ago, sa43210 said:

是的,ctri+v不能粘贴文本,这很不合理

the above seems to be a series of keystroke symbols about cutting and pasting - is it text from in game chat or replicating your/his/a paste function?

it would be great to have chinese players who played red v blue WWII OL in China. 

Yeah, I think maybe that sa meant that there isn't a way to copy paste in game. The game may not be set up for copy paste plus I am unsure if it supports the language fonts for it. I just realized that if nbcnhw has DLC then he must have steam and I can just message him there and tell him to use those forums.

I too was thinking it may be good to have other players even if they don't speak the language. However, I am unsure if it would be bad or good due to lag and other issues that I am probably not thinking of.

• Registered Users

You can paste to chat by holding left shift and insert. But not sure if it will work with Chinese

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lovewing said:

Nice, will be handy to know for other stuff even if it doesnt work for this 

way back - like 2004, 2005, there was a small chinese squad in game - think they were mix of chinese-american, hong-kong and a couple of mainlanders. they played allied and we used to chat with them using english keyboard for pin yin mandarin and kind of developed some agreed-to terms/phrases  for stuff like CP, ZOC, bunker, axis-ren, allied-ren etc. Some of the pinyin mandarin came from familiar games - so like bunker was 'wizards house' - it was quite entertaining. Lost touch with them a while ago though, think they switched to Aion or Lineage.

I used to have a printed list but can't find it. hope you can connect with him and any other chinese players via steam. GL. 

2 hours ago, jwilly said:

I assume the China outfit isn't still operating as a CRS licensee...?

I recall lovewing posting in another thread that this particular player was an ex-China-version player looking to play here as that version had been shut-down or discontinued. 

Shift Insert works here is what I found

1) chinese characters such as "朋友你好 " do not show up

2) google translate gives me non character version (unsure if it is understandable by chinese, maybe it isnt part of the translation?) such as "Péngyǒu nǐ hǎo" does paste into game but when I try to send it, it shows blank message

4EUy0eh.jpg

I seen on wwiiol steam discussion board there was a chinese support package or somethin bein offered for CN players a few years ago, is there some way to enable the language into the client or is that something the devs have to do?

Edited by lovewing
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovewing said:

2) google translate gives me non character version (unsure if it is understandable by chinese, maybe it isnt part of the translation?) such as "Péngyǒu nǐ hǎo" does paste into game but when I try to send it, it shows blank message

4EUy0eh.jpg

I seen on wwiiol steam discussion board there was a chinese support package or somethin bein offered for CN players a few years ago, is there some way to enable the language into the client or is that something the devs have to do?

cool. but maybe not. 'friend hello'. maybe got to type (or paste) without the unnecessary accents and diacriticals  - in the non-character phrases - at least that was how it was worked before in this and other games. 

but really, yeah CRS (or us) has to reach out directly or via Steam as its likely many CN players there. is there a way to experiment with that Chinese support package on steam - like its generic, not related to any specific game? I'll try to check it out. 

So if I type 'pengyou ni hao' he would probably understand it? what if I sent something like this?

"wo shiyong fanyi qi. Ni liaojie wo ma? Qing yong yingyu gaosu wo. Nin keyi shiyong "SHIFT+INSERT" zai liaotion zhong zhantie wenben"

Would that translate roughly to "I am using translator. Do you understand me? Please tell me in english. You can "paste" text in chat with "SHIFT+INSERT" ?

Or is it missing too many of those accent marks and/or is translator useless even for basic communication?

In the case that the message above works, is there any way to best "speak" english so it translates easier to understand? I try to talk like simple caveman style sometimes but i'm not sure if that makes it worse lol

----------

here is link to that chinese reach out program thing I was talking about, looks like it didn't get much replies etc, only this post about it exists so maybe it wasnt a big thing

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251950/discussions/0/2928986648529094357/#c1519260397780837018

Edited by lovewing
  • Thanks 1

Sorry..just saw translation/chinese and this prompted my thinking....about translation app's

Here's one I use if people are wanting to undertake such activity.

https://www.deepl.com/

你好。
这是一个更好的翻译应用程序

I was using this with colleagues in Brazil..i.e. Portuguese and it worked very well.

Anyway...

S!

Edited by Elfin
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, lovewing said:

So if I type 'pengyou ni hao' he would probably understand it? what if I sent something like this?

"wo shiyong fanyi qi. Ni liaojie wo ma? Qing yong yingyu gaosu wo. Nin keyi shiyong "SHIFT+INSERT" zai liaotion zhong zhantie wenben"

Would that translate roughly to "I am using translator. Do you understand me? Please tell me in english. You can "paste" text in chat with "SHIFT+INSERT" ?

Or is it missing too many of those accent marks and/or is translator useless even for basic communication?

In the case that the message above works, is there any way to best "speak" english so it translates easier to understand? I try to talk like simple caveman style sometimes but i'm not sure if that makes it worse lol

----------

here is link to that chinese reach out program thing I was talking about, looks like it didn't get much replies etc, only this post about it exists so maybe it wasnt a big thing

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251950/discussions/0/2928986648529094357/#c1519260397780837018

thanks for the info Elfin and list LW - trying it now.  found some of the chat phrases we/I used to use in PVP games or playing with or in a chinese squad/guild - its pinyin mixed with chinese slang/young people's hip ways to type:  would/could type the chinese characters if your keyboard/the game supports it (not common) or just the straight up text as you typed above w/o accents and stuff. the words in quotes are if using TS or Discord or game voice comms 

等等等 -deng3 - wait - “dung”
走走走 - zou3 - go -  “tzo”
打 - da3 - hit -  “daar”
射 - she4 - shoot - "shur"
有人 - you3 ren2 - there’s someone there - "yoh reuun"
妈的 - ma1 de - I’m pissed/ he got me - "maa duh"
死 - si3 - die - "ssuuh|
杀了你! - sha1 le ni3 - kill you! - "shah luh neeee!"
来- lai2 - come - "laii" (come here now)
不要 - bu2yao4 - don’t - "boo yao"
拿 - na2 - get - "naaah"
炸死他 - zha4 si3 ta - blow him up - "zhaar suuh taaa"
挂了 - gua4 le - I’m leaving - "gwah luh" 

• Thanks 1

• CORNERED RAT
On 2/19/2022 at 4:49 AM, lovewing said:

4EUy0eh.jpg

We used to offer a chinese language version, however it, the Russian, and the Special characters got broken somewhere along the way.  It is on the list of stuff to fix, but not a high priority. 

• Thanks 1

Nbcnhw managed to add me on steam, so we can translate. I will tell him if he wants chinese then he should convince CRS by getting a large number of his friends to join the game.

Still unsure if that would be a bad thing due to lag. Unknown. A previous mmofps I used to play (planetside 1) had some chinese dudes that joined but that game's servers and net code is probably more optimized and not comparable to this game.

这是中国大陆用的汉语拼音,可以理解,但这只能表达读音,只有读音没有汉字的话能传达的信息很少。

On 2022/2/19 at PM6点49分, lovewing said:

Shift Insert 在这里工作是我发现的

1)“朋友你好” 等汉字不显示

2)谷歌翻译给了我非字符版本(不确定它是否被中文理解,也许它不是翻译的一部分?)例如“Péngyǒu nǐ hǎo”确实粘贴到游戏中但是当我尝试发送它时,它显示空白消息

4EUy0eh.jpg

几年前我在 wwiiol steam 讨论板上看到有一个中文支持包或一些东西被提供给 CN 玩家,有什么方法可以让语言进入客户端还是开发者必须做的事情?

• CORNERED RAT

These forums should be accessible wherever the internet is.  However, at the moment steam accounts don't sync across to here.

All internet connections from  the outside world to China are filtered for undesirable content.   Given some of the comments I would highly doubt the Forums make it into China.

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, blakeh said:

从外部世界到中国的所有互联网连接都被过滤掉,以查找不良内容。鉴于一些评论,我非常怀疑论坛能否进入中国。

Actually, if search WW2 directly, the Forums is available.

• 1 month later...

中国可以使用论坛,但不能使用游戏中的聊天

On 2022/2/28 at PM11点28分, lovewing said:

Sa43210,在中国无法访问这些论坛是否正确?还是nbcnhw弄错了?

中国可以使用论坛,但不能使用游戏中的聊天

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, lovewing said:

4EUy0eh.jpg

the Italian language is also buggy... in pms and only there, we cannot use accented letters as è, ò, à etc. This causes problems and the message is therefore not sent

• 4 months later...
On 2022/2/19 at PM8点38分, lovewing said:

那么如果我输入“pengyou ni hao”他可能会理解吗?如果我发送这样的东西怎么办?

"我使用翻译器。你了解了我妈?请使用英语高速我。你可以使用"SHIFT+INSERT"在了解中站铁文本"

这会大致翻译为“我正在使用翻译器。你明白我的意思吗?请用英语告诉我。你可以使用“SHIFT+INSERT”在聊天中“粘贴”文本吗?

或者它是否缺少太多的重音符号和/或翻译器即使对于基本的交流也毫无用处?

如果上面的消息有效,有没有什么方法可以最好地“说”英语,以便翻译起来更容易理解?有时我试着像简单的穴居人风格一样说话,但我不确定这是否会让事情变得更糟,哈哈

----------

这是我正在谈论的中国接触计划的链接,看起来没有得到太多回复等,只有这篇关于它的帖子存在,所以也许这不是什么大事

pingyounihao 多次閲讀後可能會理解。但如果句子再長一點則被理解的可能性幾乎為0.因爲漢語中有四個聲調,在不知道聲調的情況下需要努力的猜測

Might understand after reading it many times. But if the sentence is longer, the possibility of being understood is almost zero. Because there are four tones in Chinese, it takes effort to guess without knowing the tones