Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Since when is language a TOS on chat in game?

tater

Got some red warning in game just now. I thought there was some filter that removed naughty words for people who want that sort of BS.

Chances are it was added recently if you've been able to use it before, or you used a notably "bad" word. I'd avoid giving examples as it might lead to a TOS action. But I know there are a few words that are allowed, and almost certainly a laundry list of words not allowed. It's had a long time to add to that list since even before the game's launch.

I would assume that as time moves forward some form of moderation is to be expected.

Shoot that guy in the face or stab him in the belly, but don't say a "naughty word". 

There is no such think as bad language. It's the context and intent. 

• Like 3

Seems I have found away. 

I got red text and a chat with a rat or GM for using the Aussie expression, "we're not here to [censored] spiders". The context of that is lets get to work.

I used language I have used in chat for years. The same ^%$!-ing word (should be clear, same word) I have used before many, many times, in the same way, directed at the universe in general.

This is a new change, must have been turned on within some number of hours or maybe a few days of today.

2 hours ago, tater said:

Got some red warning in game just now. I thought there was some filter that removed naughty words for people who want that sort of BS.

There is and now when i get a warning I point out there is a filter and what is the point of having a filter if I'm going to get yelled at anyways.

• Thanks 1

Guys...........there are certain words, that WE as adults, know we should NOT spell out in open chat! Common sense tells us that. Our game is supposed to be pg13, so certain spelled out words are going to get a reaction...

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, sideout said:

Guys...........there are certain words, that WE as adults, know we should NOT spell out in open chat! Common sense tells us that. Our game is supposed to be pg13, so certain spelled out words are going to get a reaction...

This behavior was new. I have used that sort of language in game lioterally since I came back a few years ago. There is supposed to be a filter. Common sense tells me words are words, who cares.

When did this change? It must have in the last couple days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, rabbit said:

There is and now when i get a warning I point out there is a filter and what is the point of having a filter if I'm going to get yelled at anyways.

You're such a bad rabbit...

Astrology GIFs for the Week of December 15, 2014

• Haha 1

• Registered Users

This is under review by me.

As with any action taken in game or out of game with regards to warnings we do not openly talk about the event with players that are not directly involved. 

This is now locked

• Sad 1

• OHM locked this topic