Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Introducing the M1919A6 to WWIIONLINE

TEX64

• 4 months later...

The deploy on this seems to result in it shooting into the wall/etc is is deployed to more than other deployable guns to me.

Most of the other MGs have this to some extent, but they also sometimes allow shooting that end up as partial clipping at least as often. I deploy in a window, or clearly well over an obstacle, and the shots are impacting the obstacle. trying to move and redeploy without simply getting in front of the cover entirely might take a few tries—but before I get that far I get shot of course, because the first time I fire to see that my rounds are magically hitting terrain they should not, there's of course an enemy downrange.

Ahh.... do I see an LMG version of the MG42 on the horizon? Or perhaps even a modular, multi-purpose version of the gun with some of its historical mounts modeled? Like... HMG mount, AA mount, etc?

S.

Yeees, MG42 twin mount for AA. nice thing. Thanks for the .30 cal though, awesome job S! 

BTW, if CRS is counting the amount of posts it takes until the thread gets hijacked in "I want a different toy.. NOW!", then this doesn't count as I saw it coming :P

I posted about the deploy issue for lack of a thread on the new gun. I like it, but the muzzle seems like it must be low compared to what I see as a player.

9 hours ago, steelhail said:

BTW, if CRS is counting the amount of posts it takes until the thread gets hijacked in "I want a different toy.. NOW!", then this doesn't count as I saw it coming :P

Well... it's a *mild* hijacking at best, I'd say ... :P

Since they already introduced the MG42 - albeit in a pretty obscure place/role - and now the Allied side are getting a new LMG, I think it's only natural to assume that the MG42's presence will be expanded in the future. I mean... it was pretty much everywhere in the latter half of the war and was such a flexible weapon that I'd call it an obvious choice in the "virtual bang for development man-hours buck"-department.

MG42_1_noBG.jpg

die-mg-34-ist-eine-deutsche-luftgekuhlte

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J14917,_Sizilien,_

S.

I'd like the M1919A6 fixed, first.

"Deploy" in this game has always been kinda lousy, but I use the other deployable Allied guns enough that I know the new one feels worse—and the others could use some fixing already.

If I can see the sight is not blocked, I should be able to fire and not hit an invisible hit box of the terrain—or at the very kleast FAR less often than this happens with this gun. Places I know I would have deployed with a Bren simply don't work.

• 2 weeks later...

150 rounds on the belt... ooookaaay... :D

BTW: That thing could use some work, since the inf-guy is more or less carrying it one-handed (left hand is not in the correct spot around the barrel-shroud). Unless that guy is supposed to be Arrnold's T-850 or something...

QQa3ggAeHPxPjL6P7wTU9WRLbOgXFSm9.jpg

S.

I like it, and try to use it the way it should be used. I suck at from the hip shooting (a don;t mark my monitor or anything crappy like that), and have almost never fired it that way.

The biggest issue I have is that the deploy is so very awful. Deploy in window, or on a wall of some sort, or on the gun emplacement objects that look like a FMS, etc, with the barrel CLEARLY able to address the field of fire I desire... and all the hits hit some invisible collider. My position is blown, and in the time it takes to undeploy, by desired target shoots me dead. Has happened countless times.

Deploy issues, and shooting colliders when you clearly should not is a problem with all guns in game, but this one is the worst, IMO (can't speak for MG34/FG42, since I have never used them in game, maybe they are the same or worse—in which case they need fixing, too).