Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Why No Go Boom

dfire

Excuse my crap-tastic aim. Been focusing more on playing inf this map. Previous 3 or 4 maps I also played allied, so still need to adjust back to the panzer life lol.

7:00 - ET fires 4 shots whilst flames are spewing from turret after I flamed him. It was really 6, but I started recording after the second time he fired on fire because I was like wth

1:32 - no hit reg

1:41 - no hit reg

0:38 - Probably should've killed or smoked engine at least (I paused for sec because I was confused how that didn't do any visual damage)?

Plz work on the tanks on fire shooting and round disappearing bugs... Those are just a few reasons why many tank players have left.. These are just a few random clips I recorded from only 2 missions.. you can imagine how much occurs when playing over the course of many hours! These aren't necessarily side-specific because I've had same bugs happen on both sides.

Edited by dfire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• dfire changed the title to Why No Go Boom

132 and 141  look like they were long to me. The impact LOS blocked by the tank.

Man, the tiger needs it's later war optics. 

Trying to spot those green tanks on a green background is crazy hard.  

Now go use the firefly or achilles and you don't even have to switch to commander like you do in your vids. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

Man, the tiger needs it's later war optics. 

Trying to spot those green tanks on a green background is crazy hard.  

Now go use the firefly or achilles and you don't even have to switch to commander like you do in your vids. 

Agree.. that'd be cool if starting tier3 or 4 it had the correct late war optics. It'd make a huge difference. If your commander dies with these optics it's game over lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dfire said:

Agree.. that'd be cool if starting tier3 or 4 it had the correct late war optics. It'd make a huge difference. If your commander dies with these optics it's game over lol

Yup, I just start driving back to the FB. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Yup, I just start driving back to the FB. 

That's a lie unfortunately. ;)

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, iiceweiner said:

That's a lie unfortunately. ;)

Solid first post

----

In regards to the et firing while burning, I notice everytime I kill stu with 232 via 10m rear shot, the stu flames but can still use turret for a short time (i dunno about it livin long enough to be able to fire 6 shots but the stu could maybe do 2-3). Maybe similar? Also noticed insane things like this happening when lagging out my 2nd acct on training server. Maybe neither of my points are the case you present though.

example of stu flaming but alive . volume may be loud in vid.

happens every time. figured it was a feature... as in theyre burning alive and not dead yet and calmly using the turret.

Maybe this is different than the flames in your vid, as yours are coming out of turret. Unsure if stu is animated to show turret flames though so thought id add this just in case it helps.

Edited by lovewing
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lovewing said:

example of stu flaming but alive . volume may be loud in vid.

happens every time. figured it was a feature... as in theyre burning alive and not dead yet and calmly using the turret.

Maybe this is different than the flames in your vid, as yours are coming out of turret. Unsure if stu is animated to show turret flames though so thought id add this just in case it helps.

flaming allied tanks with 232 was so much fun :D

requires patience ... ninja skills ... and a ton of luck !!! sadly we don't have electric engine like pan or dac :(

• Like 1

That range finder is nice. I don't tank all that much, more of infantry based, which other tanks have a range finder besides the Tiger?

1 hour ago, choad said:

That range finder is nice. I don't tank all that much, more of infantry based, which other tanks have a range finder besides the Tiger?

There's a bug with the rangefinders that's been going on for awhile. If you put it on a tank, it doesn't estimate the range to the tank, it estimates to whatever is behind it, as if the tank wasn't there. It ends up being quite a bit off. I plan to make a demonstration video during intermission to show and document it. That's why in all my tank videos I usually point the rangefinder at the ground right next to the tank instead. At long distances though and with rigid terrain, what you think of as right next to the tank, could be like 30m off, which can make it hard to one-shot tanks as to not reveal your position. It's more of just an annoying thing though; It should just work as intended instead of having to use a workaround for something that's broken imo.

4 hours ago, dfire said:

There's a bug with the rangefinders that's been going on for awhile. If you put it on a tank, it doesn't estimate the range to the tank, it estimates to whatever is behind it, as if the tank wasn't there. It ends up being quite a bit off. I plan to make a demonstration video during intermission to show and document it. That's why in all my tank videos I usually point the rangefinder at the ground right next to the tank instead. At long distances though and with rigid terrain, what you think of as right next to the tank, could be like 30m off, which can make it hard to one-shot tanks as to not reveal your position. It's more of just an annoying thing though; It should just work as intended instead of having to use a workaround for something that's broken imo.

Good to know. To be honest, I couldn't see some of the tanks you we locating and ranging ... much less with the gunners view. Most I could, but a couple were very hard to see. Some of it could have been attributed to video  quality I suppose ... as YouTube compresses and degrades things a bit.

Edited by choad

4 hours ago, choad said:

Good to know. To be honest, I couldn't see some of the tanks you we locating and ranging ... much less with the gunners view. Most I could, but a couple were very hard to see. Some of it could have been attributed to video  quality I suppose ... as YouTube compresses and degrades things a bit.

Yeah they were all clearer on my monitor, YT compresses it a little. The video is also trimmed so some of them I was watching them move to the locations they stopped at. Sometimes I really have to get close to the monitor though. I'm probably gonna need glasses soon lol.

8 hours ago, choad said:

welcome to axis

nearly all allied tanks fit perfectly into landscape with their camo and rendering ...

and now think about spotting them from a plane ...

aint that easy like spotting StuGs and Tigers with africa camo

• Thanks 2

On 4/16/2022 at 2:48 AM, dfire said:

Excuse my crap-tastic aim. Been focusing more on playing inf this map. Previous 3 or 4 maps I also played allied, so still need to adjust back to the panzer life lol.

7:00 - ET fires 4 shots whilst flames are spewing from turret after I flamed him. It was really 6, but I started recording after the second time he fired on fire because I was like wth

1:32 - no hit reg

1:41 - no hit reg

0:38 - Probably should've killed or smoked engine at least (I paused for sec because I was confused how that didn't do any visual damage)?

Plz work on the tanks on fire shooting and round disappearing bugs... Those are just a few reasons why many tank players have left.. These are just a few random clips I recorded from only 2 missions.. you can imagine how much occurs when playing over the course of many hours! These aren't necessarily side-specific because I've had same bugs happen on both sides.

• Thanks 2

On 4/17/2022 at 12:43 AM, undercova said:

flaming allied tanks with 232 was so much fun :D

m10 is my favorite to kill, I have so many videos of stu and m10 that it is becoming concerning.

-----

in regards to topic, I have seen FF firing some while burning as well as shown in the OP's video. I may have recorded it, will check, if not I will record next time.

5 hours ago, lovewing said:

m10 is my favorite to kill, I have so many videos of stu and m10 that it is becoming concerning.

-----

in regards to topic, I have seen FF firing some while burning as well as shown in the OP's video. I may have recorded it, will check, if not I will record next time.

Dot report, and if game manager online they will ask or tell or even despawn the player.