Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

My ancient cfml files need some tweaking...

sascha

Still using ones that date back to 2004, and now that I have new input devices, I started fiddling around in them to ensure stuff like incremental flaps still work. Problem is, some of them don't for some reason and I've forgotten quite a lot of details about these files.

So:

1. Put elevator trim on my throttle's silder (TM TWCS 16000), but since that thing doesn't have a center detent, it's kinda fiddly to use for this function. Would love to be able to use it for map zoom though, but that too is a bit fiddly because if the missing center detent and because I can't set deadzones. Any way to use a slider axis and put some sort of "movement per keypress/slider movement" modifier in there?

2. Next I put elevator trim on my stick's POV, but for each change in trim I have to push the POV once. I seem to remember that it was possible to set this up in the cfml file in such a way that one short press of the button would give you one step of trim in game, but holding the button down would start moving trim rather quickly after a short while (for as long as you held it down). Could use the appropriate command or an example from someone who has it set up that way.

3. While I'm at it: For some reason, incremental flaps work with my keyboard keys and with the button I'm using for flap down on my throttle. Flaps up however will always reset to 0 flaps/retracted instantly on the first keypress instead of reducing flaps by 12% per keypress. Which doesn't make sense, since it was working before, I'm using the exact same code (only changed the button numbers to match my new throttle). And it still does work with that code when I use the keyboard and with the "flaps down" button-command on the throttle... and I don't see any differences in the lines for any of these four. Here's what the entire flaps control section looks like in my current cfml:

<control function="Flap control">
        <keydelta value="12.00" per="keypress">
            <key>q</key>
        </keydelta>
        <keydelta value="-12.00" per="keypress" index="1">
            <key>w</key>
        </keydelta>
        <keydelta value="-12.00" per="keypress" index="2">
            <joybutton stick="2">4</joybutton>
        </keydelta>
        <keydelta value="12.00" per="keypress" index="3">
            <joybutton stick="2">5</joybutton>
        </keydelta>
        <keyabsolute value="0.00">
            <key></key>
        </keyabsolute>
        <keyabsolute value="0.00" index="10">
            <key></key>
        </keyabsolute>
    </control>

Any idea why I'm not getting incremental "flaps up" with my throttle's button (stick 2, button 5)?

Thanks for your input!

S.

Edited by sascha