Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

CTD's since last patch

choad

I've noticed that since the last patch - I have CTD'd more than normal. By normal, I mean - prior to the patch CTD'd very rarely. I have probably CTD's maybe 1,2 maybe 3 times per week. At most 2x per night. I wouldn't even bring it up - except I have noticed on voice chat that numerous other players have experience the exact same thing - probably to a greater degree.

I don't have much to offer in the way of clues, other than to say it generally happens after I die on the AAR screen. The last time (just now) it happened when I died, got to the AAR screen, and then clicked the back button to go back and create a different mission.

Happens to me all the time when using my towing account in tandem with my main account too since the last patch. One of the two CTDs like every 20min

Just happened again - after dying and viewing AAR screen. Game CTD'd. What information do you need me to submit - this is getting annoying.

Out of curiosity: Does your Windows Event Viewer have an error logged, under Windows Logs - Application?

This is exactly what I've experienced (not that often though) and even tried to get help on Discord about it to no avail. 

Edited by gretnine

20 minutes ago, gretnine said:

Out of curiosity: Does your Windows Event Viewer have an error logged, under Windows Logs - Application?

This is exactly what I've experienced (not that often though) and even tried to get help on Discord about it to no avail. 

Yes actually it does, good call. I don't experience that often either - maybe 1x or 2x per week - but just enough to be annoying. I did not experience it prior to last patch. Here is what I see:

5/3/2022 10:28:20 AM

Faulting application name: WW2.exe, version: 1.36.16.0, time stamp: 0x62559022
Faulting module name: WW2.exe, version: 1.36.16.0, time stamp: 0x62559022
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000004f1670
Faulting process id: 0x40ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85eecae665aaf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CRS\WWIIOnline\WW2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\CRS\WWIIOnline\WW2.exe
Report Id: 4ca753e6-9804-4183-b864-02256e0d4a4d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Here's another:

4/28/20222 10:34:02 PM

Faulting process id: 0x61e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85b6a8a1f7e8f
Report Id: 7acd9275-c3ff-4dc2-9f24-9ee69fda994d

And another.....

4/19/2022 9:18:31 AM

Faulting process id: 0x691c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d853f39c78f319
Report Id: 97ecda83-3e43-4b70-a1ba-455626eadd6e

After it happened to me - I noticed in chat that Stromy said he had CTD'd. I asked him if it happened on the AAR screen after he died and he said that it did. If you need more information lemme know what you need and how to collect it.

Edited by choad

Yup, similar if not the same errors. It feels like a memory leak crash after certain scenario in-game. Definitely keeps happening to more than a few people. 

And ...... just happened yet again in Somze. Same thing. After going to AAR screen after dying ..... pauses a couple seconds while you view who killed what then CTD's. Takin' a break for a bit - thanks for the help gretnine.

5/3/2022 1:05:00 PM (CST)

Faulting process id: 0x1c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85f029d75dc6c
Report Id: f6b7faf8-987a-4421-8e87-3020f682dbb1

And I concur (regarding the circumstances) - I have heard numerous others explain the same thing via in-game chat and had a chance to talk to a few who are in my squad.

Edited by choad

• Registered Users

What are the other errors that are in that list when you read it , maybe it is a conflict with another program ..

Nope - no messages that are not related to ww2.exe within 10 minutes or so either way (before or after). I am pretty certain the issue is with your program :)

I have a couple "Information" messages from "Windows Error Reporting" really close to the time - but it just provides more information and only mentions ww2.exe.

Like I said - this started happening for me (and a number of people I have talked to) since the last patch. That is my observation at least.

Lastly - I have compared experiences with people via in-game chat and on voice in Discord and it seems as though it happens not when spawned into the game world, but after you leave it (by death or whatever) and view the AAR screen. 

Here is an example of an "Information" message from "Windows Error Report" 1 second after the application error (commented out identifying information):

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: WW2.exe
P2: 1.36.16.0
P3: 62559022
P4: WW2.exe
P5: 1.36.16.0
P6: 62559022
P7: c0000005
P8: 00000000004f1670
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER86D4.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER87B0.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER87D0.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER87CE.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER87FE.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\########\AppData\Local\Temp\WER88CC.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_WW2.exe_c2bbbd2431b38661fdce2d70a1b1c9a238eb6e_3cbef867_cab_e7a597a6-11fb-4923-b3da-277b54725af6

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f6b7faf8-987a-4421-8e87-3020f682dbb1
Report Status: 4
Hashed bucket: 

Edited by choad

5 hours ago, OHM said:

What are the other errors that are in that list when you read it , maybe it is a conflict with another program ..

Had no other errors or warnings when this has happened to me. 

Edited by gretnine

• Registered Users

It most likely is our client that is the issue, it maybe how it is reacting with other programs. If we can get a DX Daig from a few that maybe helps us track it down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OHM said:

It most likely is our client that is the issue, it maybe how it is reacting with other programs. If we can get a DX Daig from a few that maybe helps us track it down. 

Thanks ... do you have a resouce for how to get this DX Diag for you?

1 hour ago, choad said:

Thanks ... do you have a resouce for how to get this DX Diag for you?

Open the start menu > type dxdiag > Open Dxdiag > Click yes if it asks > Click "Save all information" > Save the text document somewhere easy for you to access > go to and open the text document > copy and paste it all (it's long) to a post here on this thread

Dxdiag shows what hardware your pc is using and some software specs too which gives insight if there's anything common between systems experiencing the issues and may help the team to track down a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OHM said:

Ok thanks - just happened to me again and I collected the information you requested. Do you want it sent to you or should I be submitting it through some other channel? Don't really want to post it in the forums publicly, etc.

• Registered Users

you can email me     ohm@corneredrats.com 

Would be great if you could report back to this thread if there are any findings from those dxdiags. Thanks for taking a look!

• Registered Users

I just answered both emails and both look to be different problems.