Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

5/21/22: Configuring East Coast Server

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Matt "Xoom" Callahan

As a reminder this Saturday (5/21/22 at 12PM Pacific, 2PM Central, 3PM Eastern, 7PM GMT) we are transitioning the WWII Online campaign server from Oregon --> New Jersey (all other colocation services will remain in Oregon). This means game services will be offline for several hours, and a lot of advanced work has gone into this to reduce that downtime. This change represents the very first time WWII Online has EVER been on the East Coast of the USA, and it also marks a monumental move forward in our ability to deploy services as needed throughout the world. 

All of our preliminary testing (including three stress tests with players) showed better connectivity, less lag / random ping spikes. This will act as a critical middle-ground for up to 90% of our players between North America and Europe. We anticipate European customers to have the very best connection they've ever had to our servers, and we've seen ping times drop quite a bit comparatively. From a gaming perspective, this will reduce players warping / rubber banding between these two continents because the time to travel to the server and for your client to receive updates are much more reasonable. This is a big deal! Please pass the word to fellow community members about what CRS is doing to improve your gaming experience. Thank you!

Matt "XOOM" Callahan
President and CEO
Playnet, Inc. / CRS

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=3BA3oVgPE_A:GZvO4OGaRnk:gIN9vFwOq eKII?i=3BA3oVgPE_A:GZvO4OGaRnk:V_sGLiPBp eKII?i=3BA3oVgPE_A:GZvO4OGaRnk:F7zBnMyn0

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sascha said:

You'll get a cautiously optimistic pre-w00t from this European ... :)

S.

Not sure if you participated in the stress tests, but European ping basically halved. Definitely a great change. 

2 hours ago, gretnine said:

but European ping basically halved. Definitely a great change. 

Seriously? Then bring it on and strike the "cautiously optimistic" from my previous post. :D

And no: I wasn't there for the stress test.

S.

Well... I guess my expectations were more than met, judging from a short stint and spawn in that I just did to check my ping:

r3XXAW.jpg

106ms seems like a good average value, since in the minute or two that I checked it did fluctuate between 101 and 110 (was hoping it would drop into double digits for the shot, but it never did).

I've been getting 170, 160 tops before the move. I think this is the first time since I re-started WW2 that I've seen the ping-value in green. Although, I'm not even sure the game had a ping-display when I last played before that... only that line of dots IIRC, but no matter:

This is from Germany and from a not very fast VDSL connection (50MBit) *and* going through a power-line adapter. But my ping to my ISP here seems rather decent, generally speaking. 

Well done CRS, well done New Jersey (<-- now, there's something you don't hear every day.. :D ).

S.

Edited by sascha