Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Joystick problems again...

vongters

Since November I have a new win 10 based PC and an msi motherboard. So since then, I have changed the beauty of 5 joysticks (4 Logitech 3d Extreme pro + another similar) and today I am going to buy the sixth, as the last one just stopped working despite everything the PC has all the several updates of each component. The problem is always the same, that is that the joystick detects and moves by itself, and if it does not do it by itself, I just need to move the throttle  and the problem resurfaces.
Obviously looked for solutions ... The most varied solutions and nothing worked. I tried to contact the various sites / email support but without getting any help. I also assumed that it was a motherboard problem (maybe high voltage) despite everything is connected to an old power dissipation power strip but I think it still works, and so I immediately connected the last one to the monitor with USB 3.0 port but unfortunately , after a month, it dosen't work anymore.
So today I buy yet another joystick and I try to buy a power strip with USB ports too. What do you think could be the problem? Any idea? I am very tired. Please I have need suggestions

Power strip --> https://www.amazon.it/Ciabatta-Multipresa-Verticale-Protezione-Sovratensioni/dp/B095S6QMR7/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=2XA81UYE5DDEZ&keywords=ciabatta+dissipaziobe+energia&qid=1654843163&refinements=p_72%3A490205031&rnid=490204031&sprefix=ciabatta+dissipaziobe+energia%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-4

I had the same issue with my Logitech 3d Extreme Pro but I owned mine for about 6 or 7 years before it started having the same issue your experiencing, I tried re-calibrating it multiple times etc and nothing worked, my first bit of advice is try to re-calibrate it and see does that work, you should find instructions easily enough online. When the same issue started happening to me I spent a bit of time digging into it online to see what joystick to buy next or should I buy another of the same since it had served me well and I came to the conclusion that in recent years the quality of these particular joysticks has dropped. I opted to spend a bit more and get something good as it is something I use fair amount and wanted it to last. I decided to get the VKB Gladiator NXT - has a lot of replaceable parts should anything go wrong.

My fiancee has the Thrustmaster T16000, doesn't use it much but hasn't experienced any issues in the 6 months of ownership.

it seems strange to me that 5 joysticks break after a maximum two months of use. Although it is true that the production quality of logitech components has greatly decreased. Unfortunately I like to have all the panzer controls on the joystick and the only one with which I can do it is only with the logitech joystick

due to this happening to 5 joysticks, I think the issue may be software related, not hardware.

I researched your problem alot over the months, vong -- I found multiple people saying windows registry files were corrupted and causing the issue. I am not 100% sure that is the problem but it wouldnt hurt to reinstall windows, even if it doesnt fix it, it will most likely make your PC run a bit faster (assuming your windows has been installed for very many years, it will cause slight slow downs over time in most cases)

I can walk you thru all of it, or we can use a new hard drive if you dont mind spending 50-60 for a 64gh ssd.

If you dont like either of those options, we could set up a 'virtual machine' that may allow you to test to see if the registry is the problem. It would be free, it would just take a little work but nothing too hard. I could help with that too.

Can you return some of those joysticks if theyre still new/barely used? Lol 5 is alot, I didnt know you bought that many!

-----

btw did you ever record the screen to show what is happening? even using your phone to record vid of the problem would be fine.

Edited by lovewing

my win10 64bit with latest updates is not even 6 months old. Assuming that we try to make a virtual pc, how do we know if this works or not? I mean .. will the old joystick work or do I have to try it for months with the new one?

I found this also window 10 hiccup  every other time when my joystick wasn't working so all i did was unplug usb then plug it back in ,, done 

I've done this many times and that's not the problem. The problem is that after a month or two, the joystick stops working well and there is nothing more to be done

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 3:05 AM, vongters said:

I've done this many times and that's not the problem. The problem is that after a month or two, the joystick stops working well and there is nothing more to be done

... and you keep buying them?

Have you had a chance to check these sticks on a different PC? Just to make sure it's not simply the sticks croaking on you?

Other than that, I'll repeat what I've been saying to everyone who wanted or didn't want to hear it: Get a VKB Gladiator Evo. Works, feels and handles so much better than any of the low- to mid-end sticks currently out there and is of great quality and sturdy construction.

EU store:

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product-tag/evo/

US-/Canada-store:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=gladiator-nxt-joysticks

My review-thread for the Gladiator Evo KG-12:

I'm very confident that unless you want to upgrade the Evo to a true high end stick like the Gunfighter or Virpil WarBRD/Mongoose, you won't need another joystick after the Evo. It's a bit more expensive, even with the cheapest grip they offer, but so is buying five or six Logitecs in a row... :P

S.

Edited by sascha

Ok now i remember i use to have a  Logitech joystick way back decade , the software are awful so i stay away from it ,, I use to have CH pro full set last me for 20 year ,, man i should had kept it , thrustmaster Hotas  are good too,, nether one had any problem  

On 6/26/2022 at 5:00 PM, jayhawk said:

Ok now i remember i use to have a  Logitech joystick way back decade , the software are awful so i stay away from it ,, I use to have CH pro full set last me for 20 year ,, man i should had kept it , thrustmaster Hotas  are good too,, nether one had any problem  

old logitech joysticks and hardware were much more durable than current ones. Once there was quality, now instead ... just look at the reviews of other users to understand it

... again:

70_GNX-EVOSCG-P_R_800_2.jpg

if you need lots of buttons, like for DCS.

or

20220324_135952.thumb.jpg.6bbcd0889d9572

If you do mainly WW2 stuff and/or use your stick to drive tanks in WW2ONL.

You won't be disappointed and you won't have to buy another stick after this one.

S.

Edited by sascha

• 1 month later...

forgot about this post til now and wanted to update:

solved vongters problem via using the old 'Logitech Game Profiler' software you can get on logitech's site. 

His issue was the twist (rudder Z axis) on the stick was noisy even when new because logitech sucks (note: mine had this problem too, also new out of box)

The software allows you to set deadband on the axis and it actually works.

For this issue the in game deadband and other software didnt work but the profiler software did work.

Edited by lovewing