Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Engine audio of M3 HT

undercova

The engine audio of the US M3 HT is abnormal low and extremely difficult to locate. distance and direction

it happened numerous times that a M3 went past me at 100m distance alhtough i had commander out or was listening for incoming enemy units

for persons outside the HT it sounds like the engine is idle all the time. no matter what speed the unit is moving at. you can only hear it good when it is nearby and you hear the tracks ! but that's it

Compared to the other trucks and HT we have ingame ... this one is way over the top tbh !!!

Edited by undercova
  • Like 4

mostly the main reason why allies are so effective in placing new FRUs when using US supply. as soon as another audio of a german vehicle or common plane is around ... the M3 HT can move unnoticed across the whole battlefield and will only spotted if super close to an axis unit or in vis line

this kind of audio advantage is active for many allied units ... several planes and like saffroli mentioned.

axis tanks can be easily heard at any range. 231 is super noisy ... like Pz 3 / 4 / Tiger / Stug

• Like 1

M3 just drove right up to FB -- didn't hear a thing --  something is wrong with engine sound I think.

Normally i'd make a video to demo the bug but this one is so hilariously blatant that I dont think its needed

• Registered Users

We have only one person who can deal with audio and he is swamped with other things atm.  I'll talk to him when he gets back from holidays and see what and when it can get looked at. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

tbh ... this bug is absolutely game breaking !

the chance for allies to set up frus with the M3 is extremely high because almost no one can locate them because of this bug.

i remember how we had 5 players W / NW and N of Hirson out 1k ... but the M3 simply slipped straight through all of us and placed behind us NE of town.

i wonder what the reaction would be if axis had such a vehicle ....

• Registered Users

Out of interest Undercover, are you on a PC or Mac. And do you use headphones or speakers?

10 hours ago, MWHITMAN said:

Out of interest Undercover, are you on a PC or Mac. And do you use headphones or speakers?

PC and headphones

pretty loud in-game audio level compared to other games

I am an expert in locating enemy units because of their audio they send ... but the M3 HT is completely different compared to the other units

the audio of that unit can be easily covered with ANY other units audio ... like engines of vehicles .. planes ... trucks ... and even with shots fired. impossible to locate it then

• Registered Users

We will look into it and compare sound levels to the other trucks.  The actual engine sound is quite loud, but there are setting that can effect how loud things will be in 3rd person and at what distance sounds fade, etc.

Once we get this current patch out I plan to try and do an audit on the sound levels. It's possible a value might be wrong here or there, or that a certain sound file that sounds ok, when put though the engine is doing different things to the other ones.

And of course, certain vehicles ARE lounder than others, so there will always be some differences in sound levels. But we will look to see if anything is wrong and needs changing.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just had one drive 50m past me -- never would have noticed had I not seen it --- way to quiet.

• Thanks 3