Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Can a few bridges get a lift?

Dre21

What good are 2 ports on each side of a big town when all the bridges that run through the big cities are so low that no FMB can go underneath it and they are stuck by the 1st bridge the come across . Leaving the middle pretty much unavailable to be patrolled unless the bridges are destroyed , and then one really doesn't need to anymore.

Please fix this .

did they change something?  I dont recall not being able to get under the usual bridges in game, but I have not tried for several years.

1 hour ago, blakeh said:

did they change something?  I dont recall not being able to get under the usual bridges in game, but I have not tried for several years.

I'm talking bridges that run through Antwerp for example 

• Registered Users

All bridges should allow Fmb's to pass under them . It's possible the Fmb's colliders  changed with a recent update buf not changed intentionally. I'll check them out and get back to you. 

• Registered Users

Nope , can't go through the low city bridges and I think that has always been that way as the top of the boats would be above the bridge . That could be why there are naval bases at both ends of town. (Antwerp) . 

I don't have a higher city bridge to replace them with  and no time atm to adjust existing one. I will look into it further though .

• Thanks 1

I know, I know, it's a game...but if realism mattered, no one ever operated Fairmile B's, or raumboots, or Normandy class gunboats on European rivers. Such vessels were too wide to fit into the locks upstream of Namur, and much too tall to fit under the bridges.

On 6/22/2022 at 3:47 PM, jwilly said:

I know, I know, it's a game...but if realism mattered, no one ever operated Fairmile B's, or raumboots, or Normandy class gunboats on European rivers. Such vessels were too wide to fit into the locks upstream of Namur, and much too tall to fit under the bridges.

Well realism in how our stuff preforms and functions yes that is a must, but shouldn't we encourage to and for players to use stuff that is available?  To keep players away from certain points on the map because such boat wasn't on certain waterways is silly, historically correct but in the interest of keeping players that would like to play Navy should be a must .

In other words CRS implementing the FMB was a mistake then if they get restricted by bridges that won't allow them to go from one end of town to the other especially when 2 docks are available and one gets capped .

Just my opinion. 

• Registered Users

The VERY low bridges in the big towns have always blocked Fairmiles unless they are blown, then you can get through them. But if you have docks on either side of  a town it isn;t really an issue as you can cover both sides. It''s the big towns with only one dock that are a pain as you can guarantee any action will be at the side you can't get to.

should make alot of these bridges like this , up and down state enabled by hc or something

289888656_7946262538724710_2169895034482

real one , I think only one also

51 minutes ago, aismov said:

Is that a real ingame bridge or a photoshop?

11 minutes ago, delems said:

Where?            ne of antwerp  ,or e of zan 

Edited by Tatonka

• Registered Users

There are at least 3. 

I placed them NW of Boz and Zandvliet on the canals and one east of Gravenpolder .

When I get them functional I will name them.  

• Like 1