Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Enter World Bug

jester

This is somehow still a thing. Just saw it happen to Bluedrake42 on his stream showing the game to at one point a couple hundred people. How has that not been fixed? It's the most easily replicated bug that actively stops players from entering the game in an already clunky UI...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i encounter this bug too but I dont think its that big of a deal and doesnt happen that often? Yea its dumb it exists but if they have limited programmer time then is this one of the issues they should focus on? Would engine bug not be better to focus on if you had to choose between the two? Maybe it just doesnt happen to me much and I am lucky.

It does seem to mostly happen if trying to spawn something that only has 1 left in supply. But maybe that is just my limited experience with the bug.

ed: in bluedrakes case, if he wouldve not swapped tanks and waited for the button to no longer be greyed out, i think he wouldve been able to spawn. thats how I do it.

you got a point, it may be frustrating and confusing to players, it is also lame to have to explain to them how to handle this bug because they will probably think 'dev should just fix it'

Edited by lovewing

*** i encounter this bug too but I dont think its that big of a deal and doesnt happen that often? 

I get it every day nearly.

Often a few times per day.

But, that is because I usually spawn navy at CPs, which always has only 1 unit available.

Extremely annoying bug that has been around for some 12 years now.  It should be fixed.

• Like 1

• CORNERED RAT

It is ticketed and in queue of things to do.  Unfortunately it'll apparently require a pretty significant re-write of the vehicle reservation system (and some downstream processes as well).  As the bug is self resolving (though annoying), its lower down on the list of stuff to fix than other issues.  

One of the ways to help get it fixed faster is to maintain a subscription so that full time coders can be brought onboard to speed the effort. 

• Thanks 1

Enter world bug just started to really show up for me , but mine is the one where I hit enter and then the screen with the facts pops up and there I sit for up to a minute or longer,  happens at least once a play session .

Never happened before , I would get the  bug that david060 shows in his video , that really has never bothered me to much cause I'm still in control and have a mouse cursor,  is it a pain sure especially when one wants to get back into the game , but getting stuck on the fact screen for more then a minute really blows , usually happens when I switch personas.

14 hours ago, Dre21 said:

Enter world bug just started to really show up for me , but mine is the one where I hit enter and then the screen with the facts pops up and there I sit for up to a minute or longer,  happens at least once a play session .

Never happened before , I would get the  bug that david060 shows in his video , that really has never bothered me to much cause I'm still in control and have a mouse cursor,  is it a pain sure especially when one wants to get back into the game , but getting stuck on the fact screen for more then a minute really blows , usually happens when I switch personas.

What you are describing is not enter world bug, but likely whatever it is, is on your end

Thanks @B2K for explanation, hate to see something so simple turn out to be a PITA

5 hours ago, jester said:

What you are describing is not enter world bug, but likely whatever it is, is on your end

Thanks @B2K for explanation, hate to see something so simple turn out to be a PITA

Since the new patch , and now it's on my end , I didn't change a damn thing on my end besides install the newest patch from CRS . 

So no its not my end it's something in the patch that causes that , along with the enter world bug that I do get from time to time , so now I got 2 delay things in game that keeps me from getting into game , especially when time is pressing like Bunker is under pressure. 

I understand why we don't want to do it.

But just turn Spawn Delay off - fixes EnterWorld bug.

• CORNERED RAT
20 minutes ago, delems said:

I understand why we don't want to do it.

But just turn Spawn Delay off - fixes EnterWorld bug.

No it doesn't. 

• Thanks 1

We have been through this.

Yes it does.

Turn if off for a week, you'll see.

Prove me wrong.

Edited by delems

3 hours ago, delems said:

Yes it does.

Turn if off for a week, you'll see.

Prove me wrong.

Uhhh... look at the stream @david060did the work of linking and timestamping? It has to do with reservations, time reserved, and unit supply. That's it.

• CORNERED RAT
22 hours ago, delems said:

Several times, with more than 1 CRS member who work with the code, and who troubleshot the issue have telling you that the root cause is not spawn delay.  It is more prevalent when OP, but the cause has nothing to do with either population levels, nor being on the OP/UP side.  Your refusal to believe those who tracked the issue down, does not change the cause.  in the above video - this is clearly demonstrated as when he de-spawns, there is no timer for the respawn.  So he was playing at even or under-pop.  

Why don't you just turn SD off - it will settle the issue.

And prove it once and for all.

And... you don't have to have SD to be over pop.

You are over pop, SD hasn't kicked in yet... and you get the bug.

I get it often with no SD too - but axis over pop.

• Registered Users
2 hours ago, delems said:

Cool your jets, @delems

The OP/SD "window" is 5-minutes and yes, we are VERY aware of the issue and are actively working to address it. And finally and definitively, we are NOT going to circumvent the SD.

/case closed - move along

On 6/26/2022 at 3:41 PM, B2K said:

It is ticketed and in queue of things to do.  Unfortunately it'll apparently require a pretty significant re-write of the vehicle reservation system (and some downstream processes as well).  As the bug is self resolving (though annoying), its lower down on the list of stuff to fix than other issues.  

One of the ways to help get it fixed faster is to maintain a subscription so that full time coders can be brought onboard to speed the effort. 

You mention "vehicle reservation system", but this also happens with infantry. It looks to me like its a supply / weapon list issue more than anything. Often happens when you are waiting for SD, you are ready to go and click the weapon you want to play but that is out of supply. The text stays green but in reality there isn't any supply left for that weapon and that causes the "enter world" -bug. Reservation a weapon doesn't seem to help in my minimal testing.

Thanks for looking into it regardless.

Edited by gretnine

• CORNERED RAT
5 hours ago, gretnine said:

You mention "vehicle reservation system", but this also happens with infantry. It looks to me like its a supply / weapon list issue more than anything. Often happens when you are waiting for SD, you are ready to go and click the weapon you want to play but that is out of supply. The text stays green but in reality there isn't any supply left for that weapon and that causes the "enter world" -bug. Reservation a weapon doesn't seem to help in my minimal testing.

Thanks for looking into it regardless.

I should have said 'spawnable unit' vs 'vehicle' - as far as the code cares, 'reserving' (ie unit x = yours) a rifle is the same as 'reserving' a tank.   The issue manifests more frequently (but not exclusively) during overpop SD due to more players meeting the causality conditions. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, delems said:

SD isn't the cause of enter world bug though, it's just emphasized by it.

It only happens when u have one unit left in the supply list which you are trying to spawn in.

So, just a coincidence that in my over 100,000 sorties.

I only get EnterWorld bug when there is over pop and spawn delay is turned on?

And have never got EnterWorld bug when under pop?

And the entire map we had SD turned off, I never once got EnterWorld bug while over pop?

Also, no one is ever vying for my unit, I spawn navy and rarely others there.

So, my unit is always available to be spawned.

Regardless, glad it is ticketed, annoying bug that I get basically every day.

3 hours ago, delems said:

So, just a coincidence that in my over 100,000 sorties.

I only get EnterWorld bug when there is over pop and spawn delay is turned on?

And have never got EnterWorld bug when under pop?

And the entire map we had SD turned off, I never once got EnterWorld bug while over pop?

Also, no one is ever vying for my unit, I spawn navy and rarely others there.

So, my unit is always available to be spawned.

Regardless, glad it is ticketed, annoying bug that I get basically every day.

Doesn't matter when it happens time wise, it's always when there is only one unit remaining, I'd guess its the same core bug that stops you from multi-crewing if there's only one unit left too.

• Registered Users

From my experience it appears to be caused by one o two things.

If there is one of a unit type left and two people have selected it, whoever click enter world 1st gets it, the 2nd who clicks it a fraction of a second later just sees the enter world button turn grey.  In this case it's like because the list hasn't updated yet, it allows you to click enter world, however it then does a check to see if the equipment is available, which it isn't, so you don't get spawned.

The second scenario is when someone who has spawned the last of a unit despawns. It looks like it updates the unit list to now say there is one available, but because that unit is by default reserved to the original player no one else can spawn it. In this case my guess would be the client sees a unit as available, thus lets you click enter world, then checks and finds there is no unit available so doesn't spawn you.

When I get home from work tonight I'll have time to test these out and will update the ticket with my findings.

Whilst certainly not the worst bug in the game, it is an annoying one when your in the heat of a a battle.