Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Oostende W AB / Vuerne FB.

delems

How come a W FB is not controlled by the W AB in Oostende?

Can we please have a listing of every multi AB town; and which FB each AB controls?

Makes no sense axis has W AB Oostende yet allies can spawn Vuerne FB.

*** Fb's are controlled by Depots . 

That is false.

ABs control FBs;   FBs control CPs, and CPs can control CPs.

FBs use ab supply through the depot, if the enemy captures the depot the fb looses supply.  It's been that way for a long time now

*** FBs use ab supply through the depot, if the enemy captures the depot the fb looses supply.  It's been that way for a long time now

That is incorrect.

• CORNERED RAT
7 hours ago, delems said:

*** Fb's are controlled by Depots . 

That is false.

ABs control FBs;   FBs control CPs, and CPs can control CPs.

So the guy who literally builds the supply links, and what facility connects to what - is wrong?

Town ownership/control (AB) does control the state of the FB (up/down). 

4 hours ago, delems said:

*** FBs use ab supply through the depot, if the enemy captures the depot the fb looses supply.  It's been that way for a long time now

That is incorrect.

It is correct. 

Supply links flow AB->linkDepot->FB (if one)->linkDepot->AB. 

This is why when you capture the linking depot in the origin town, FB supply stops. 

Has been that way since spawn depots were introduced.  However, since the attacking town is rarely counter AO'd this rarely occurs.  If the supply link didn't flow through the depot then capturing the depot would not cutoff the FB supply.

Edited by B2K
Changed linkCP to llinkDepot to remove confusion over terms

Unbelievable.

I know how the links, ABs, FBs, and CPs work.

Do you think I'm so stupid to post something countering a rat, if I wasn't right?

I've 1000s upon 1000s of sorties and hours in this game.

I know how it works.

And what I say is correct and true regarding this.

Really need to play your own game more often.

*** Since when?

Exactly.

Edited by delems

• CORNERED RAT
37 minutes ago, delems said:

I know how the links, ABs, FBs, and CPs work.

Do you think I'm so stupid to post something countering a rat, if I wasn't right?

I've 1000s upon 1000s of sorties and hours in this game.

I know how it works.

And what I say is correct and true regarding this.

Really need to play your own game more often.

The data is out there for you to look at - 

from wiretap: (http://wiretap.wwiionline.com/datasets.xml) in the links section

Returns details of the links between CPs. Each link is uni-directional, that is there is a link from Antwerp to Schilde and a link from Schilde to Antwerp.

Each link is anchored at either end by a depot and may contain a firebase (facility). An FB id of 0 indicates the link has no firebase. To determine if the firebase is open, use the /xmlquery/facilities.xml query for the left cp id of the link.

Since 'spawn depots' were implemented this is how supply flow has operated (so - close to 2 decades (at least more than 1) at this point).

How about you spend 5 min in the game and see how it works.

I do every day; and I know exactly how it works.

I don't care what some document says.  I live it every day.

Would take you what, 2 min to test this on the testing server?

You know, guess you can believe what you like.

I'll just stop posting and asking when things seem off.

Since, obviously, everything works right.

Try to help the game and make it better, and get xxxx on.

Starting to agree with Mozi, what is the use?

(and that is sad :()

Edited by delems

• CORNERED RAT
20 minutes ago, delems said:

How about you spend 5 min in the game and see how it works.

I do every day; and I know exactly how it works.

I don't care what some document says.  I live it every day.

Would take you what, 2 min to test this on the testing server?

I have.  Back in my HC days supply working this way is why I encouraged counter-AOing the attacking town with the focus being on the link CP to cutoff the attacking sides supply. 

Ab ownership determines which state the FB should be in (open/closed) (players blowing the fb not withstanding).

The reason you need the linking CP's at both ends of the supply link to spawn in the AO'd town (from either the linking CP or from missions originating at the FB) is due to supply flowing as described above.

The reason you can stop enemy supply (from both the AO'd town link CP and the FB) by capturing the origin town link CP is because supply flows as described above.  

If supply links didn't work as described above, the ownership of the attacking town linking CP would be irrelevant to spawning in the AO'd town. 

• CORNERED RAT
8 hours ago, delems said:

Can we please have a listing of every multi AB town; and which FB each AB controls?

This data has been available via wiretap for years (Also includes whether the FB is currently open or closed). 

*Caps don't control FB's, AB's do.

*Not sure what planet these Devs are from clearly do not know how there own game works.

*Strategy First Inc did the game better then CRS ever could and went bankrupt doing so...

• Thanks 1

• CORNERED RAT
8 minutes ago, DrugDealer said:

*Caps don't control FB's, AB's do.

*Not sure what planet these Devs are from clearly do not know how there own game works.

*Strategy First Inc did the game better then CRS ever could and went bankrupt doing so...

AB controls which FB's should be open if not blown up by players. 

Supply has flowed AB->linkDepot->FB (if one(and not blown) - some towns don't have fb's)->linkDepot->AB for a long, long, long, long while. 

It can be easily(ish) demonstrated in game.  Simply AO a town that the other side is attacking from.  Inside that AO'd town, capture the link depot --- poof the enemy is no longer able to spawn - until that link depot is recaptured.  

3 minutes ago, B2K said:

Supply has flowed AB->linkDepot->FB (if one(and not blown) - some towns don't have fb's)->linkDepot->AB for a long, long, long, long while. 

It can be easily(ish) demonstrated in game.  Simply AO a town that the other side is attacking from.  Inside that AO'd town, capture the link depot --- poof the enemy is no longer able to spawn - until that link depot is recaptured.  

Do it then because I think people are tired of the BS and excuses...

Edited by DrugDealer

• CORNERED RAT
4 minutes ago, DrugDealer said:

Do it then because I think people are tired of the BS and excuses...

I'm not the one questioning how it works.  In my post you quoted I laid out what has to occur, and the whys.  Feel free to go test it for yourself.

6 minutes ago, B2K said:

I'm not the one questioning how it works.  In my post you quoted I laid out what has to occur, and the whys.  Feel free to go test it for yourself as your tonality leads me to believe you will not believe anything I report back. 

For someone who removed my first 4 posts here, you're pretty arrogant to be a intern/dev/mod/admin whatever you even are... lol multiple people telling you and your colleagues that you're wrong. the power is getting to your head man if this is the bug testing section of the forums you're not the person to be handling this I feel. the entire game in itself is littered with bugs and broken textures some of which are still not fixed after 10-13+ years.

*Hope your social skills, and a tolerance for knowing when you're wrong improve

Edited by DrugDealer

• CORNERED RAT
10 minutes ago, DrugDealer said:

For someone who removed my first 4 posts here, you're pretty arrogant to be a intern/dev/mod/admin whatever you even are... lol multiple people telling you and your colleagues that you're wrong. the power is getting to your head man if this is the bug testing section of the forums you're not the person to be handling this I feel. the entire game in itself is littered with bugs and broken textures some of which are still not fixed after 10-13+ years.

*Hope your social skills, and a tolerance for knowing when you're wrong improve

As I said in the message for the 2 posts I hid - remove the nastiness and they'll stay - and your 3rd post (and subsequent) did.

I'm not wrong on this.  Supply has worked as I've described it for years - going back to crs 1.0.  If supply didn't work as I've described it - spawnable CP's inside an AO'd town would not work.  

refusal to believe that is not a bug. 

• CORNERED RAT

Towards the original post - town and link layouts have  been adjusted in the past, they may be in the future, however there is not a timeline to address any 1 specific town.   

The above information is very confusing. 

Practically, in-game, for many many years, when certain ABs are capped in a multi-AB town, the town-owning, fb-owning side is not able to spawn at their FB depending (sometimes making geographic sense, sometimes not as per Oost-Veurne) on whatever the original coding/link is/was between an AB and FB - irrespective of whether the fb link depot is owned or not.  

Here's a practical example that happened today:  

1 Axis town is Oostende / Allied town is Jabbeke
2. Oostende Jabbeke FB is Axis 
3. Allies cap Oost EAB
3a. Jabbeke Depot in Oost is still Axis
4. Axis cannot spawn at their Oost Jabbeke FB 

Is this in line with what has been said above? 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DrugDealer said:

Point of record. Strategy First was a publisher that marketed WWIIOL at release in 2001, they never created anything to do with how WWIIOL works as a game. CRS "1.0" was the creator of WWIIOL from conception to 2015. The current CRS "2.0" team is a different team that took over in a gradual phase beginning in 2015. The original CRS team were responsible for WWIIOL from 1999 - 2015.

Edited by DOC
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, B2K said:

Well ,  why is it then so seldom that the other side AOs the attacking side?

Well one could say if it's a 1 town vs 1 town  the FB is usually the target for the defending side.

Now why don't we AO the attacking town ? Maybe because even if the other side does cap the CP it will be recapped in short order, cause there will be no spawning in said Depot cause one doesn't own the FB . Which in turn makes a real good argument why Paratroopers should be able to have a limited MS capability,  that way one can counter and actually keep the pressure on the Attacking town , and have a limited resupply chain to take pressure of the town that is being attacked and one can maybe counter and assault the FB .

It would open up town AO to Town DO skirmish , were both towns can have the possibility of taking the town .

It would sure concentrate the player base instead of having them all over the map.

• CORNERED RAT
On 7/26/2022 at 3:20 PM, delems said:

How come a W FB is not controlled by the W AB in Oostende?

Makes no sense axis has W AB Oostende yet allies can spawn Vuerne FB.

Delems , 

I would need to know the exact  Map setup of who own what at the time you are trying to get the answer to your question. 

Oostende is linked to 5 mainland towns  so there is a total of 5 FB's in play there, knowing the details would be the only way to answer.

ALSO if someone went old school and made a mission from the attacking town and drove a MS close enough to the defending town then the FB"s are not in control of spawning at the defending spawn. 

Basically, in a 1 AB town, all FBs are controlled by that AB.

Axis owns Boz, allies own Steen, Roos and Zand and are attacking.

(all 3 FBs are allied during their start of attack)

Axis manages to bust all 3 FBs. (so now all FBs are axis)

We can spawn from Boz, and defend those 3 FBs.

Now, allies para (town is contested) and capture the AB.

NOW, axis can not spawn at any of those FBs.

It is very simple when a 1 AB town; all FBs are controlled by 1 AB.

The question is in multi AB towns.

Axis attacking Oostende.

Allies own Zeeb and Jabb (no FBs there)

Axis owns Veurne, Diks and Tor.

Axis has Diks and Tor FBs but allies have the FB from Oost to Veurne.

Axis caps W AB Oostende; so it would seem, the W FB, Veurne should not be able to be spawned to.

But they did.

So the question is, which of the 5 FBs are controlled by W AB, and which of the 5 are controlled by E AB?

We do know part of the answer, Veurne FB is obviously controlled by the E AB; not W. (and that doesn't make sense to me)

Edited by delems