Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Invisible MS's?

SicnesS

We had these awhile back where a ms was set but no one could see it unless someone spawned, it looks like it has made a comeback.

• Thanks 1

• Registered Users

Sickness, out of interest, do we know if you spawned in before or after the players that could see the fru?

Also, was this an attacking of defensive fru?

I was just wondering what would happen in a 2 or more AB town if you set up a fru, then one of the AB's was capped.

30 minutes ago, MWHITMAN said:

Sickness, out of interest, do we know if you spawned in before or after the players that could see the fru?

Also, was this an attacking of defensive fru?

I was just wondering what would happen in a 2 or more AB town if you set up a fru, then one of the AB's was capped.

It was marked when i spawned in at Oostende  E AB on a DO. Drove to it and couldnt see it, had people sending me .m's saying its right infront of me lol

Stats show everyone i killed came from turhout-oost FB as origin. I believe axis owned W ab at the time.

Mission was only 7 mins long so i think everyone that saw it was spawned in before me. 

Edited by SicnesS

• Registered Users

Thanks for the info. I should have some time at the end of this week so I'll try to recreate that set up and see if I can replicate it

• Like 1

• Registered Users

Sickness, I don't suppose those that could see the fru mentioned what type it was?   ie was it the small inf only one, the regular one or the trench type?

1 hour ago, MWHITMAN said:

Sickness, I don't suppose those that could see the fru mentioned what type it was?   ie was it the small inf only one, the regular one or the trench type?

wasn't there  - but when it used to happen more often a while back as Dre21 says above, it was always with the box frus or LMS as its called now. 

• Registered Users

Thanks for that info. Trying to find way of constantly replicating it, and to see if it's related to all fru's or just certain types.

• Registered Users

Well spent several hours the other day trying to recreate this.  Set up as described near Oostende.

With each different thing I tried I checked if the fru was still visible, then respawned and checked, then created a new mission and checked.

Check if changing status of any other fb changed things.

Checked if capping other depots effected things.

Checked if capping one of the two AB's effected it.

Checked if the person who set up the fru left.

Checked changing mission leader.

Checked deleting the fru then replacing it.

Couldn't get it to be invisible.

Wondering if maybe a damage state of a depot, or fb could be linked to it.

It would have been interesting to know if anyone who spawned at the same time or just after on Sicness's mission also couldn't see it.

So far its the only one ive seen, might of just been a one in a million kinda bug. 

Ill let ya know if i come across it again. 

On 8/2/2022 at 9:14 PM, MWHITMAN said:

Well spent several hours the other day trying to recreate this.  Set up as described near Oostende.

With each different thing I tried I checked if the fru was still visible, then respawned and checked, then created a new mission and checked.

Check if changing status of any other fb changed things.

Checked if capping other depots effected things.

Checked if capping one of the two AB's effected it.

Checked if the person who set up the fru left.

Checked changing mission leader.

Checked deleting the fru then replacing it.

Couldn't get it to be invisible.

Wondering if maybe a damage state of a depot, or fb could be linked to it.

It would have been interesting to know if anyone who spawned at the same time or just after on Sicness's mission also couldn't see it.

When I was on the CRS coding team, I found and documented the bug that causes buildings to disappear when the status of something such as an FB changes. Fixing it was beyond my coding ability. It's been too long for me to remember if it could effect a player placed spawn. 

• Registered Users

Tr6al is usually able to fix them by rebuilding the effected items, so fb's, buildings, bunkers etc.

In these cases when the item goes invisible it is invisible for all where as with this FRU issue, some can see it, others can't.

Whilst recreating the disappearing fb/ab/building bug is easy, this invisible to some fru issue so far alludes me.

4 hours ago, MWHITMAN said:

Tr6al is usually able to fix them by rebuilding the effected items, so fb's, buildings, bunkers etc.

This doesn't fix the problem, it just moves it to a different building somewhere on the map

• Registered Users

@warspiteActually what I have been doing is removing the redundant old spawn objects from FB's as they are not being used any more ..

That seems to clear up invisible buildings in that area .  

9 minutes ago, TR6AL said:

@warspiteActually what I have been doing is removing the redundant old spawn objects from FB's as they are not being used any more ..

That seems to clear up invisible buildings in that area .  

The bug that I found would not be fixed like that, basically whatever buildings were at certain points in the big list of all buildings will disappear, adding or removing buildings and then rebuilding the list just shifts the problem to a different building