Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Tanks can place their own Camo net

saffroli

I hope it's a bug and it wasn't implemented as a feature. I don't see why, in a game that supposedly leans towards combined arms would want to allow a single tank to place their own camo net where ever they are, whenever they want.

I'd be content with just having to have 2 friendly INF within 20meters as the criteria to be able to place it as a tank though.

The ppo stuff is getting a bit ridiculous in general tho. 

All it's doing is moving focus away from fighting/flanking/ambushing into building labyrinths and into lazy tactical awareness.

If this game focuses on the right things, then anyone that plays it [besides the physical aspects] should essentially be "race ready" as a real life soldier in-terms of their battle awareness and knowledge of small scale tactics. Right now the only training this game seems to want to provide people is for tetris/roblox/minecraft.

I thought this game was supposed to be some semblance of a simulation?

With racing sims or flight sims, those skills are directly transferable to the real world and with good results.

What transferable skills are remaining in WW2OL? We seem to be moving further away from them in any case.

Edited by saffroli
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, saffroli said:

The ppo stuff is getting a bit ridiculous in general tho. 

100%.   Seeing people ring FBs with garbage, clog up ABs, clogging up roads so you can't get tanks out of the AB, ridiculousness. 

• Like 1

• CORNERED RAT
1 hour ago, saffroli said:

I hope it's a bug and it wasn't implemented as a feature. I don't see why, in a game that supposedly leans towards combined arms would want to allow a single tank to place their own camo net where ever they are, whenever they want.

I spent a long time in RL putting nets up over my tack(s) whenever we stopped - wherever we were, regardless of if I wanted to or not.

3 hours ago, B2K said:

I spent a long time in RL putting nets up over my tack(s) whenever we stopped - wherever we were, regardless of if I wanted to or not.

But it didn't take 1second to place it without getting out of your tank :)

3 hours ago, B2K said:

Yup. I think its perfectly fine if the tank crew can place the net. Vehicle crew were always responsible of the nets during my service regardless of the vehicle. 

Deployment timers/cooldowns should definitely be adjusted, if they are super low.

Edited by gretnine

• Registered Users

Needs to be in game at least a month so we get more feedback before making too many changes. I'll see about getting the set up time lengthened though.  

18 hours ago, TR6AL said:

Needs to be in game at least a month so we get more feedback before making too many changes. I'll see about getting the set up time lengthened though.  

Well lets be honest. Any real life scenario a tank would be using a camo net is in a dug in position. Not in an open field. So any time limit that makes placing in an open field unfeasible should be fine imo.

• 2 weeks later...

you can spam it. after every placement ... move just a tiny bit to the left or right ... and place another oneafter 10+ the net is so dense the enemy can't see you at all anymore ... from distance 

way too easy to exploitalso I dislike the time on it. sets up too fast ... and you can instantly place a new one

• Registered Users

Timing is changed in this next hot-patch to make it slower to deploy. I will try to make it so it can't be set that close to itself .. 

Thanks for the feedback .. :)